Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horrible dream

Options
  • 06-01-2010 1:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

Has anyone else had a disturbingly real dream that really shook them afterwards? Or can anyone even explain this one? :eek:

I had a really crap nights sleep last night because of the wind, and it was one of those nights where you are constantly clock-watching. I picked up a book and read it till felt like I could try to sleep (about 7.30am). The dream felt like it was short, but it was disturbingly real. At first I was downstairs in my home and a dog I don't recognise was attacking me and I felt really afraid. The next thing I'm in my own bedroom, which is in the front of my home. A huge shadow starts to cover my bedroom window, and when I look out I can see and plane had just hit the ground out the front of my home, and looks like it is in an uncontrollable slide towards the house, but stops thankfully. I bend down to pick up my runners and put them on, my intention is to gather anyone in the house and run like hell in case it exploded - but as I get up from putting on my shoes I notice that there is is another huge shadow, and was from a second plane that had fallen closer to the house and that split second it crashes through the front of my house and I feel this incredible heat and feel I've just died.

At this second my eyes are open, I'm lying on my bed, but I believe I've died still. It took me a few seconds to cop on I had been dreaming, but I cannot describe what I've dreamt with the true horror I experienced. I wondered then what exactly had happened to the planes in my dream, and I think its yet another one of my doomsday dreams. I've had these kinds of dreams since I was a child, and all of the horribly realistic. Only this latest one has taken the wind out of my sails, and I'd be afraid to go asleep again! :eek: What bothers me is, some of these dreams aren't outside the realms of probability (in my opinion).

Sorry about the long-winded post, but these dreams are getting to me now! Any thoughts anyone? :o:(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 DaireMac

Well seems to be some kind of relationship with the doomsday scenario. There's a bit of the twin towers in their with the two planes deffo. You need to get propper advice on this really as I think that night mare type dreams come from a trauma that happened sometime in your life. The dreams can have no relation to the trauma it just triggered them. Hope this helps!!

Dara.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Lady Davenport

DaireMac wrote: »
    Well seems to be some kind of relationship with the doomsday scenario. There's a bit of the twin towers in their with the two planes deffo. You need to get propper advice on this really as I think that night mare type dreams come from a trauma that happened sometime in your life. The dreams can have no relation to the trauma it just triggered them. Hope this helps!!

Dara.

Thanks for replying Dara.

I can't really think of anything significant that happened in my life that might have kicked off the recent dream. As a child they consisted of fireballs coming from the sky, and super storms killing everyone. I hadn't been watching anything or reading anything that would have put these notions in my head. I've always been petrified of a real doomsday disaster (stemming originally from the dreams). The magnetic north issue plays on my mind a bit, but not to the point of effecting my everyday life or anything.

I guess I fear that these aren't just dreams. God I sound crazy :(

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭james1410

I use to have lots of dreams about my parents been murderd and my self as well when i was younger it was horrible! one i remember was coming home to find body parts nailed to walls and finding out after my parents

were them then i woke up thank god! and one were i was in spain i think it was like spain or turkey i was stabbed in the back! god it was horrible! why in gods name were we given the abilty to enter a different world in our sleep! its good when you win the lotto in it or something but when its

about death and stuff no thanks :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

The crashing 'plane and doing the Leaving Cert are my two reoccurring dreams.

I can't speak for you, but I've interpreted my crashing 'plane dreams as meaning that I think there's a lack of excitement in my life.

Advertisement