Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 5800 maps/navagation red dot?

• 06-01-2010 2:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭

I recently got a nokia 5800 and have just tried out the maps/navagation application. All is working well but there is a red dot on the screen marking a location up the road from my house. When you move the map the red dot appears in the corner with an arrow pointing to it. My friend who also has the phone has the same red dot on a house near his.

Why is this?
    Who are these people?
    Are they watching me?

I would nearly knock into the house to see. Ha ha off course Im not worried, just curious. Anyone know what its all about?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Q&A

The red dot is you...or more precisely the last location that the gps in your phone recorded your position.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭LittleLebowski

The first time I opened the application was today and im in work in town. Couldnt be me, I have never been into the estate were the red dot is. Unless its just a bad aproximation of my usual position???

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

The first time I opened the application was today and im in work in town. Couldnt be me, I have never been into the estate were the red dot is. Unless its just a bad aproximation of my usual position???
    That can happen if it isnt connecting the GPS properly and you have a-gps switched on.It will just try give a position based on the masts it picks up

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭LittleLebowski

Oh ok cheers Chin. It was however more exiting when I thought someone was spying on me. Ah well...

Advertisement