Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snowbound, can't get to work?

Options
  • 06-01-2010 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Does this have to be taken as annual leave or is there special leave that can be taken?

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,102 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Annual leave I'm afraid. Unless you call in sick, and back it up with a sick note from the doctor.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Annual leave here too. It's really unfortunate, i was 30 mins late for work this morning and got a bollocking for my troubles. Told to walk to work now. Thing is, I live up on a really steep hill and it was treacherous, but obviously work comes first.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Gaz

Thats disgraceful ... pull a sicky for the rest of the week, fuk them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

This may get better answers in the "work and jobs" forum OP. You could ask a mod to move it.

Personally there is a part in my Terms and Conditions of employment which allows for exceptional circumstances to be taken into account *at the managers discretion* should I not be able to work.

I have used it once when I had to take the girlfriend to A+E after she fell and I spent until 5am there and started work at 6am. When the manager turned up at 8am he sent me home with full pay for the day based on the above T+C. I only work in a sh!tty retail job so was surprised at the situation.

Try explaining your situation to your manager. Good luck

Advertisement