Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Darren Ferguson appointed Preston North End manager.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

mike65 wrote: »
    What odds on him managing United one day. Perish the thought

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Fair play to him.
    Not bad being sacked by one of the worst clubs in the division and being appointed by potential play-off merchants.

Doocey wrote: »
    Fair play to him.
    Not bad being sacked by one of the worst clubs in the division and being appointed by potential play-off merchants.
    yes to be fair he seems to be making a name for himself as a manager. Never did much with United as a player but would be interesting to see how he shapes us as a manager.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

I was half hoping he'd come to Sheff Wed.

Seems like a talented guy, who was prematurely let go by Peterborough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Delighted for him, was doing a great job and got completely boned by P'boro.

Hoping he does well and actually gets treated fairly!

Although why anyone would wanna be a football manager is beyond me, by and large a thankless job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Delighted for him, was doing a great job and got completely boned by P'boro.

Hoping he does well and actually gets treated fairly!

Although why anyone would wanna be a football manager is beyond me, by and large a thankless job.

€€€ helps soften the blow for the better ones.

D

pros far outweigh the cons. You get to shape a team pit your wits each weekend against opposing teams and also there's the money too

pros far outweigh the cons. You get to shape a team pit your wits each weekend against opposing teams and also there's the money too

Give me Millionaire Playboy anyday!

Give me Millionaire Playboy anyday!
    Not to mention all the gum you can chew as well. Whats the bet Wrigleys will approach him for deal.

• Advertisement

Not to mention all the gum you can chew as well. Whats the bet Wrigleys will approach him for deal.

Wrigleys already have his dad, i'm betting these guys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Well you don't know who to believe regarding his departure from Peterborough,

The chairman said he was let go because he was talking or being courted by other clubs.

Whatever happened this is a good club for him to be at.

Well you don't know who to believe regarding his departure from Peterborough,

The chairman said he was let go because he was talking or being courted by other clubs.

Whatever happened this is a good club for him to be at.
    what was it exactly that the BBC said about him that so enfuriated Fergie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Good move for Preston and Ferguson alike,I like the way he said thathe appreciates the way that Preston have patience with their managers and give them time,a sly little dig there!

Advertisement