Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a house in Naas

Options
  • 06-01-2010 2:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 633 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I've been thinking of buying a house in Naas. Has anyone bought there lately and got a good bargain? What do you think would be the best area to buy?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

Warfi wrote: »
    Hi all, I've been thinking of buying a house in Naas. Has anyone bought there lately and got a good bargain? What do you think would be the best area to buy?

im in the sallins area, as near to Naas as it gets.
    Old bridge estate. very new and well insulated homes. With high owner occupier level.

I like it here and the houses are going for a song

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭SueWho

Bought in Naas during the summer. I love it there and I'm not from Kildare at all and neither is my OH. We just thought it was a nice town commutable distance to Dublin but without that souless commuter town feel. It's a decent size with lots of nice restaurants, pubs, two nightclubs and sports clubs and facilities. I think the Kilcullen/ hospital side of Naas is nicer than the big "triangle" of housing estates in Monread. That said, the "new" Old Town development on the Sallins Rd is lovely. There's also Aldergrove which is new just at the gate of the Old Town development. Avoid Primrose near Aldi- it is only half finished and has been that way for nearly a year. More establised nice estates would be Sundays Well (very big though) Lakelands, Oakglade, the paddocks (out the Tipper road towards rugby club), ban na greinne (near Ballycane Centra/ hopital).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Warfi

Thanks for the replies, hadn't even thought of Sallins but no harm looking. I know Naas well, used to work there and have been out in the pubs and clubs too many times (doesn't stop me from still going though!). Good suggestion re Ballycane and Ban na Gréinne, this area seem to be older, more settled from what I've seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

choosing a house with a good energy rating would be second on my list after location . Anything with a C rating or above will be very easy to heat and holding its heat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭SueWho

At the moment there are "cheap" houses on the market in Naas- if you pay attention though you'll see that they have been on the market for a long long time (9 months +) i.e. nobody else wants them so they're hardly the pick of the crop. Keep an eye on myhome at the houses that go up for sale and are sale agreed fairly quickly- from what I have seen (and I bought recently in Naas so I was on myhome everyday for about the last year!!) these are the ones you want, the ones there is a bit of demand for. You'll notice after a while which estates are most sought after- they may be 30/ 40k dearer than others but IMHO that's worth paying for a nice area to live in.

Fair point about the energy rating though I'd still prefer a lower grade energy rated house in a really nice area than a superb warm house in a less desirable area. You can always do some bits and pieces to the house to improve the energy efficiency and if the rating isn't great, it could be a point to bargain for a better price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭rondeco

Caragh court is a lovely estate with big gardens and because it's the southside of naas, is a lot cheaper than the other side. Well worth a look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

My advice for what its worth, is to look at Kill.
    5mins drive to Naas, yet its still far away enough (on the RIGHT side of Dublin) tio enjoy country life!

I can be at Newlands cross in 10 mins, Naas in 5 mins so have best of both worlds!

Some reasonable bargains in Kill. Have a look at myhome.ie

Advertisement