Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT Broadband Issue

• 06-01-2010 2:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 318 ✭✭

Hi All,

I have BT Wireless Broadband and facing issue of consistent disconnection since past 2-3 days. I have to manually connect to Router through WEB GUI or restart my ROUTER before I can even manually connect to Router.

This has started happening once I upgraded firmware of the BT ADSL Router. Could this cause this issue of disconnection?

Thank you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Your broadband is not wireless, it's wired DSL.

If the connection between your computer and the router is fine (wireless or Ethernet), then the issue us either your connection, or the modem. It's hardly a coincidence that it started at the same time as the firmware update. Was ther a reason for this? Were there already issues that you wanted to fix?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 318 ✭✭zulfikarMD

There was no issues connecting to broadband prior to firmware update. Only issue was speed and as I realized that firmware update is available I immediately did it. Now, speed has increased by 5 times but connection drops intermittently. Not sure what could be the issue?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

I'm going to take a wild stab at this as I was having similiar issues. Have you gotten a letter recently confirming that you are going to be switched from BT to Vodafone. I got this letter the week before mine started and it looks like, and neither sidfe confirm that this is actually what happened, I got switched early and then switched back. Connection has been stable since but when I was having the issues on speedtest my ISP was showing up as vodafone and when the problem went away it showed up as Esat Communications.

I have not received any letter or notification from BT or Vodafone..but this is been quite annoying as you can't surf or download anything....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

zulfikarMD wrote: »
    Now, speed has increased by 5 times

That should not have happened with a firmware update. What was it before, and what is it now? Is this actually the broadband speed, or your wireless network speed?

You should test your connection using an Ethernet cable to the modem. It could simply be your wireless network is causing the problem, and your broadband is fine.

• Advertisement

i will try as you said and post outcome here..thanks for all your help guys..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭CptSternn

Good luck with that. I was a BT customer for six years, until last November.

I started having problems with my connection and rang BT who told me they no longer do broadband in Ireland, and that my account is now with Vodafone.

I called Vodafone and they have no record of my account. There is a thread here about this and one in the Voafone forum - many people are having problems and finding they are in broadband limbo - their account has been given to Vodafone and Vodafone is having lots of problems importing all the new accounts.

Chances are you're like the rest of us - somewhere lost in the massive migration and without anyone to call as BT will not support you and neither will Vodafone.

I still haven't heard anything from either crowd, but got my final bill from BT back in November. On a good note my services are still on, but as many have noted, the service goes all wonky depending the time of day and day of the week.

Advertisement