Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow watch - Waterford City

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

I haven't seen a forecast like this in a long time!

101514.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Yeah, there's no doubt about it, if things go as forecast and the precipitation doesn't fall as rain, Waterford could easily see a few inches of snow by Monday.

This is one of those very rare weather events where the heaviest snow should fall in the southeast of the country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

5 degees on Tuesday? Dunno if I can cope that that oppressive heat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Trotter wrote: »

101514.jpg

Where did you pull this from Trotter? I can imagine going home from work at 8am on Monday morning after 11 or 12 hours wouldn't be the best thing to do if there was heavy snow!

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Where did you pull this from Trotter? I can imagine going home from work at 8am on Monday morning after 11 or 12 hours wouldn't be the best thing to do if there was heavy snow!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

101514.jpg

I had heard we were to get snow on sunday / monday but i taught it be only like past day with sprinkling , with this forecast we could see the place covered in snow by monday .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

jo06555 wrote: »
    I had heard we were to get snow on sunday / monday but i taught it be only like past day with sprinkling , with this forecast we could see the place covered in snow by monday .

The sprinkling we got Wednesday was from the tail end of a snow shower that lasted about only 10 minutes.

Whats forecast now is something totally different, could be several hours of snowfall over 2 or 3 days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,780 ✭✭✭✭JPA

101514.jpg

Is 3 degrees not too high for snow? I have no real idea.

Hmm..

Metcheck are forecasting this to land as rain in Waterford.

http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/today.asp?zipcode=waterford

Hmm..

Ye they have it as sleet and rain they also say tonight we will have snow showers so lets see whos right :) .

Goin on current weather first forecast is right as its clear skys outside currently :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 paulie1969

met eireann giving snow.were doomed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

JPA wrote: »
    Is 3 degrees not too high for snow? I have no real idea.

You've obviously never heard that old saying 'It's too cold for snow'? Always makes me smile that one!

:)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

gscully wrote: »
    You've obviously never heard that old saying 'It's too cold for snow'? Always makes me smile that one!

:)

funny thing is there's some truth in that saying

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Squidvicious

Hmm..

Most of those forecasts are just automatic output from computers - you need to listen to forecast with human input and interpretation of charts and nearly all forecasters are going for snow over the weekend here . If there is precipitation between Fri. and Mon. , it will certainly be snow - it will be too cold for rain . They only question is whether the showers hit us or not . I'd be surprised if we don't have a few centimetres by Monday - despite the fact that we haven't had a proper snowfall in years .

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Joe Gt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

People living in houses with uninsulated attics are being advised to try and get some hot air up in there to avoid the water in their tanks freezing. Several cases of exploding tanks around the city being reported.

Did anyone see the BBC forcast for Tuesday? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭RockPaper

Oh good god-is that graphic for real or a photoshop job :eek:

mike65 wrote: »
    Did anyone see the BBC forcast for Tuesday? :eek:

That shows sleet kicking in but a return to snow on Wednesday!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭RockPaper

That shows sleet kicking in but a return to snow on Wednesday!
    This is what scared me..

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/295613/101607.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

I wonder will the trains be in service on Wednesday. My son is taking part in the BT Young Scientist in the RDS and so far the organisers are not cancelling it.

As for the snow well I'm stocked up on the essentials, bread, milk, coal, logs, wine, beer, usual food including ingredients for baking if needs be etc. books, candles, bottled water.

I remember the snow in 1982, shops ran out of milk, bread etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Im cold :(

Cherrymounts cold water tap is running at half speed :(

I'm getting the impression that there's a hint of this one being downgraded for Waterford to heavy rain and sleet. I'm confused by the latest forecasts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I'm getting the impression that there's a hint of this one being downgraded for Waterford to heavy rain and sleet. I'm confused by the latest forecasts.

Fingers crossed

This is same forecast who said we will have heavy snow now look what they say :confused:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/3074?&search=waterford&itemsPerPage=10&region=world

This is same forecast who said we will have heavy snow now look what they say :confused:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/3074?&search=waterford&itemsPerPage=10&region=world

Yeah I was looking at that earlier on. Its odd. It really seems to be a case of waiting and seeing really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,780 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Aw man, that would be so crap.

Not for me.

• Advertisement

JPA wrote: »
    Aw man, that would be so crap.

I know , my kids are hanging out for bit of snow now , (i wish i had not told them :o) a few flakes fell around 4.30 today in town and i was told mooncoin and tramore have had some but surely it would get in here then .:confused:

Advertisement