Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow watch - Waterford City

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Now this is the proper stuff!!!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

/Trotter runs about squeeling like a little girl! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

The kitten that moved in recently is going mad to get out to catch the falling snowflakes then when she's out she runs back in. Her paw prints are filled in within a few minutes.

I need to go out to our shed to feed and water the hens plus collect eggs. The hens liked being out in the snow the other day but this is heavier and deeper. I might just let them out into the run which is sheltered from the snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭RockPaper

Hurray! I'm so happy now, I was on the weather forum last night and I was so jealous reading about all the snow the Dubs got:rolleyes: Of course now they're saying it'll be gone by lunchtime but I don't care because we got the white stuff:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

was like a dog this morning ,hopefully it stops soon ,fecking annoying.:p

• Advertisement

met error forecast
    Tuesday: Becoming very windy on Tuesday with gale force southeast to east winds developing. A band of precipitation will spread northeastwards during the day and Tuesday night but probably not reaching far northern regions. Some heavy falls of sleet and snow are expected. However it will turn to rain in Munster as temperatures rise to between 3 and 7 degrees there, but further north temperatures only around 1 to 3 degrees but still the snow could well turn to sleet in some places. Winds easing and rain, sleet and snow gradually dying out during Wednesday with drier weather developing for Thursday Not so cold in Munster and parts of west Connaught especially on Wednesday with top temperatures of 4 to 8 degrees but temperatures much lower further north and east

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Roads are lethal. John's Hill was gritted last night but the snow still covered the roads within minutes. They spread sand on the road this morning I think but it's treacherous with the camber forcing the car off to the other side. Wheel was in opposite lock almost the entire way up the hill!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,780 ✭✭✭✭JPA

It stopped.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Clano

still going strong up by me! i was just down the industrial estate with the dog twas class!!

Clano wrote: »
    still going strong up by me! i was just down the industrial estate with the dog twas class!!

It seems to be more sleety now though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 stephenc1979

Snowing heavy in portlaw...still

mike65 wrote: »
    /Trotter runs about squeeling like a little girl! :D

:D No comment..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

AA Roadwatch are Saying: WATERFORD Snow and icy conditions on all routes, avoid unnecessary journeys

and for all areas... Continue to take extra care on all routes, with ice, snow and slush still making driving conditions very poor. Avoid unnecessary journeys. If you do have to travel, beware of the dangers of braking on ice; Remember your braking distance is Ten times greater than normal under these conditions

RAIL: on the Irishrail.ie website There Live Rail updates For Waterford trains The service is back Online and is now working good Dublin trains are Arriving on time some minor delays but nothing serious

BUS: ((Bus services still cancelled due to snow))
    Waterford/Dublin: Cancelled until further notice
    Waterford/Athlone: Cancelled at the moment
    Waterford/Tramore: Service is going but Expect delays of up to 10/15 mins (Snow in tramore at the moment)
    [Another option to get to dublin by bus is go to Cork Bus station normal timetable to dublin is running there at the moment)
    [And JJ Kavanagh Bus Services Are running Services from Waterford to Dublin buses Arriving quite early Best option)

ROADS: Extreme Caution needed on all Roads Nearly every road in the County is Very Slippery.
    Waterford/Tramore main Road: Slippery in most places on the road Be Slow on the road.
    N25 Waterford/Dungarvan: Very slippery and wet caution needed be slow on this road.
    R470 Outer Ring Road: Slippery Conditions and wet drive slowly.
    R708 Airport Road: Coming from the Tramore side be Very slow bad road Conditions i would advise you to drive on the Wateford side of this road if Going to Waterford Airport.
    Tramore And Waterford/ Dunmore: Very bad conditions on this road Extreme caution needeed only go on this Road if it is Urgent.
    N9/M9 Waterford/Dublin: N9-Very bad conditions Dangerous road to drive on at this time only go if Urgent When you get to Carlow go on the new Motorway the M9 Much safer then the N9. :rolleyes:
    Also on the R681 Kilmeadan/Kill Rd There is alot of Ice extreme caution needed

WATERFORD AIRPORT: Flights are taking off but Some delays off up to 25-40 minutes Weather at the airport at the moment is Light/Moderate snow London luton airport Flight took off 28 minutes late The Manchester flight took off 40 minutes late Visibility is poor 1.50km/2km So flights are taking off at the moment and the Airport if running well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭alpha2zulu

RobitTV wrote: »
    AA Roadwatch are Saying: WATERFORD Snow and icy conditions on all routes, avoid unnecessary journeys

RAIL: on the Irishrail.ie website There Live Rail updates For Waterford trains. But There is no live updates at this time So we have no Coverage of trains coming into Waterford i say there is problem with the system at this time. Trains from dublin are probaly Delayed.

No the 1305 Dublin train passed by myself here bang on time.

The N9 and N24 on approach to Waterford are not too bad at all, even spotted a gritting truck go down the N24. The local roads off these routes are very very slippy however.
    [Best option to get to dublin by bus is go to Cork Bus station normal timetable to dublin is running there at the moment)

From the JJ Kavanagh website http://www.jjkavanagh.ie/

Morning Update: The three main express services: Shannon - Dub, Waterford - Dub and Clonmel - Dub are all running. The following stops are being bypassed due to bad condititions:Naas, Kilcullen, Castledermot, Moone, Timolin and Crookstown.

alpha2zulu wrote: »
    No the 1305 Dublin train passed by myself here bang on time.

The N9 and N24 on approach to Waterford are not too bad at all, even spotted a gritting truck go down the N24. The local roads off these routes are very very slippy however.

From the JJ Kavanagh website http://www.jjkavanagh.ie/

Morning Update: The three main express services: Shannon - Dub, Waterford - Dub and Clonmel - Dub are all running. The following stops are being bypassed due to bad condititions:Naas, Kilcullen, Castledermot, Moone, Timolin and Crookstown.

Thanks for that forgot about JJ Kavanagh lol yeah Early this morning the N9 Was really bad but it now must be abit better

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭LETS BE AVN IT

Snowing heavy in portlaw...still
    ye its coming down very fast and strong out here! I think we could get a bit cut off from the rest of the world if it keeps going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

Photos from around Ferrybank earlier today ...

4261972157_b6f42128d4_o.jpg

4261974861_9ee9c5f7b7_o.jpg

4262725836_044f5078a5_o.jpg

4262729958_bf9180466f_o.jpg

4261977633_68b1f186ca_o.jpg

4261979639_52c0f3e056_o.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,780 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Seems like rain, sleet and snow all coming at once in Ardkeen.

Love the photos

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

heavy snow falling now up gracedieu way

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Paddy, I hope you dont mind, I copied your pictures into a deticated photos thread for the snow, if anyone else has pictures, feel free to post them in this thread

The snow is Heavy enough in Tramore Especially On the top of tramore when you drive up the hills On the Prom theres not that much snow. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

I always wonder what "avoid all unnecessary journeys" means. I've got to be in work for 21:00. Have to go from Balllygunner hill to the Industrial Estate. I wonder just how bad that would be or would I be alright if I stuck to the main Dunmore road and Outer Ring Road and took it really handy.

Coming home at 8:00 in the morning could nearly be worse too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Enjoy it while it lasts.

It will be sleet and then rain in the coming hours.

Heavy rain then on Tuesday will be the end of the cold spell.

Enjoy it while it lasts.

It will be sleet and then rain in the coming hours.

Heavy rain then on Tuesday will be the end of the cold spell.

I hope so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Yep, sleet/rain now at this stage thank goodness.

I guess Waterford has had it's token snow today and looks like there's a strong thaw now at this stage. With a bit of luck it will continue and the roads will not be too icy tomorrow morning.

nkay1985 wrote: »
    I always wonder what "avoid all unnecessary journeys" means. I've got to be in work for 21:00. Have to go from Balllygunner hill to the Industrial Estate. I wonder just how bad that would be or would I be alright if I stuck to the main Dunmore road and Outer Ring Road and took it really handy.

The ORR is fine as is the Williamstown road I was on them 20 mins ago, its all slushed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Clano

nkay1985 wrote: »

Yeah i was driving around there for a while. all busy roads are drivable....
    I would be more worried about what they'll be like tomorrow morning, also i was down the estate today and its not too bad, im presuming you work in b&l or honeywell or ivax as they seem to be the only ones open, the road from the bank up to b&l./honeywell isnt too bad either but all other roads such as towards fas are lethal but the gate isnt open that way nor any factories

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I can't go back to cork tonight anyway. You'd want to be out of your ****ing mind to travel out in that. I cant get up the hill outside hy house here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

stopped for awhile and its after starting again

Advertisement