Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will my contract automatically cancel when I port my number to another provider?

• 06-01-2010 3:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭

I have reached the end of my 12 month contract with 3, and have sent my Account number to Meteor to have old number ported over to my new contract, and the port is already taking place today.

Now what I'm not sure of is, if by porting my number over, if I automatically cancel my 3 contract?

When the number is fully ported over, will I have to ring Three up and cancel, or will Meteor take care of all that?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

No your account will be cancelled with 3 as your number can only be attached to one sim at a time. You will receive a final bill from 3 which will include any monies owing to them and one months line rental as you did not give 30 days notice
    Just read your post from another thread in which you state 3 have started to call you for upgrade. Are you sure you are out of contract as 3 will stard to offer you an upgrade after 10 months not 12. If this is the case then you may be liable for two months line rental for the remainder of the contract and the months line rental fo not giving the 30 days notice totalling 3 months of you line rental for your final bill plus any other outstanding charges

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Munsterforever

Thanks for the info!

Advertisement