Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garden Visitor

Options
  • 06-01-2010 3:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi,
    I was having a look around the garden today and I found a little burrow along the garden fence. The hole is about 2 inches wide and you can see from the picture there is clay that has been dug up ontop of the grass. I havent noticed this hole before so i guess it has been made recently. So I am trying to figure out what animal has made the burrow between the two gardens... its a garden in a housing estate but still in a rural area... any ideas on what made it??? :confused:

hole.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Likely a Rat, judging from the size of the hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Get the big cheese rat trap. Always rec it. Brilliant product as with poision you dont usuallly see the evidence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Galway-guy

Dam... well looks like its rats :mad: I had a look along the fence and in the frost you can make out a run in the grass going down to the bottom of the garden and to the compost bin. One nice hole in the top of the compost and some gnawed paper. Looks like i will be setting a load of traps in the garden. Any ideas what to do with the compost bin? I was thinking of running the garden hose into it for a bit to soak it and hopefully shift the little feckers out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Waste of time. When you empty the bin get some fine chicken wire and put it under the bin to stop tunneling.
    Trap away but hide the traps lean a board against the wall so birds don't get caught.
    Use Nutella for bait. Guaranteed.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

looks like a big rat.

dont fool yourseleves rats are never to far away.
    keep the storm down .

• Advertisement
Advertisement