Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sled in Limerick

Options
  • 06-01-2010 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Folks,

Bit of a curveball here. Anybody know where we would pick up sleds or something sled-like ;-) in Limerick City. Myself and a few mates are planning some tomfoolery on a mountain on Saturday.

:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭sparkman

I'd say you haven't a hope of finding an actual sled but since any kind of snow-tomfoolery is a noble cause in my opinion, here are my suggestions:

1. get a loan of a snowboard. No idea where u could buy one - Aldi\Lidl don't have any coming up on offer.
    2. Maybe a surfboard would work.
    3. Find a piece of perspex somewhere. Drill 2 holes in the front, string a piece of rope through and pull it upwards while simultaneously giving yourself a kick-off on a reasonable slope.
    4. Upturned dustbin or wheelie bin lid?
    5. Bring a mobile phone and wear something bright orange. I've a feeling that might be important.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

maybe try river deep mountain high or one of those places, i think its around the corner from the thomas st. car park, (cant remember the name of the street)

Also are you sure thats a good idea? Sounds dangerous to me considering this country isn't actually equipped for such activities.

Be careful whatever you do!

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Lobsterlady

Once in Quebec, in the middle of the night, myself and my husband got a large piece of cardboard and scooted down a major ski slope, it was brilliant and worked a treat. Just make sure your run is completely clear of trees or obstacles, you'll go a hell of a speed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

If you can find a place that sells skateboards then you are in luck my friend. If they sell the boards that curve upwards at either end then they make a great snowboard. Have fun and remember to bail out before you kill yourself:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭sioda

Inner tyre tube light easy to carry and easy to make an emergency bail out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Bucklesman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

Also are you sure thats a good idea? Sounds dangerous to me

course its a good idea in fact its a great idea:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭yankinlk

Bucklesman wrote: »

That is a fantastic suggestion! That looks a helluva lot like the flexible flyer i remember as a kid....

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭MushGSXR

Ha, yankinlk I think we have a winner.

Advertisement