Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weather in Greystones

Options
  • 06-01-2010 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭

Working in Dublin at the moment and just wondering what the weather's like in Greystones. Should I head home early?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

This was taken at approx 14.30 hrs.
    4250496027_bbd79101db.jpg

Roads should be ok if it doesn't freeze later
    4251269982_11e40088a6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭lakeroad

Thanks for that. Will leave it for hour or two before heading.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭girl24

I don't know how long it will take to get home though, im in sandyford now and I can see out the window from work that its chaos, its been a mass exodus of cars since lunch time and the traffic is just not moving. I believe the m50 is pretty slow aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Pepinot

I would get on the road now as it took me over an hour to get home from Bray!!! Dont go the Coast Road stick on the motorway

Best of luck

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Apip99

Hi Guys and girls,

How are things now? I have to get from Monks town to Delgany.

Thanks,

Apip

Main roads are fine, bit slushy but traffic is very heavy.
    Safe driving all.

Oh the weather outside is frightful,
    But the fire is so delightful,
    And since we've no place to go,
    Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

anyone know how the Kilcoole to Greystones road is? I have to drop into Tesco later on.

The main roads around Greystones are usable but be careful.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭NarkyBoots

Guys leave now if you still can.

Took 2 hours at 2pm to get from Ballinteer home to Eden Gate.

Watch out for BMW drivers - rear wheel drive fishtailing all over the shop.

It's getting very cold out there and some of the slow lanes on the N11 were icy at 3pm today.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Waternews

I second NarkyBoots.
    Left Sandyford at 1.15pm with vans and cars sliding all over the place.
    M50 and N11 never got above 40kph and a real mess.
    Got home 2 hours later.

Delgany is almost impassable - or certainly was at 2.30ish this afternoon.

Did see a gritter on the N11 near Glen of the Downs though (northbound)

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭joctcl

AA Roadwatch 16:55
    **AVOID UNNECESSARY JOURNEYS IN DUBLIN/ WICKLOW/ WEXFORD/KILDARE/KILKENNY/CARLOW/ FOLLOWING SNOW AND HAIL SHOWERS** You are advised to use Trains instead of roads for travel. *LEINSTER* *WICKLOW/WEXFORD* • Long delays in Shankhill, Bray, Greystones due to the ice and snow. Heavy snow around Enniskerry, Greystones, Ashford and Arklow. Traffic is at a standstill at Southern Cross and also Windgate is impassable. • Take exit 11 off N11 Greystones/Kilcoole to exit for Greystones. • 2km tailbacks on the N11 southbound from the Balinameesda Bends. •

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Cheeky Chops

I had to abandon my car earlier (lunchtime when the big snowfall came in) and was lucky to be rescued. The slip road from the N11 was lethal. Zero grip. I don't know how I didn't hit the wall when I came off the road.

The gritters came out after 3 thank goodness.

Safe journey all.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,495 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

Hiya..i left Greystones at 3.15 it took me about half an hour to get to the southrencros ...on the other side of the road heading to Greystones there were lots of abandoned cars at the top of Windgates hill ..i though the road wasn't too bad as long as you were diving very slowly and carefully..but i think you maybe be better going home by the N11

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

N11 very slow south. Bray is a total nightmare. The roads are like ice rinks, much more iced over than Greystones. I came off at Delgany - Glen Road is slushy.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

Took me the best part of 2 and a half hours to get home from Blackrock. The tailback for the greystones exit off the N11 was back as far as the glenview... Nightmare for them... not me. I will let you in on a secret.

People not from the area might not know that if there are very bad tailbacks getting off the N11 again, skip the turnoff and take the next one (kilquade) follow the road all the way to the T junction (1.5 Km), swing a left and follow the road for 1km, the next T junction is the roundabout for charlesland!! It can be slippy but go slow and you will be fine :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

Roads in Kilcoole are drivable, some cars having trouble getting up the hill in mainstreet, I wouldn't even attempt the Lott ln hill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 bloggj

3 hours from City Centre to Gstones.......on train! Diesel broke down at
    Syd Parade and resulted in hour wait for most in Bray.:mad:
    In fairness it was lucky the trains were going it was most peoples saviour for getting home!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

bloggj wrote: »
    In fairness it was lucky the trains were going it was most peoples saviour for getting home!
    Exact same here, I was in Dun Laoghaire at the time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

Took me the best part of 2 and a half hours to get home from Blackrock. The tailback for the greystones exit off the N11 was back as far as the glenview... Nightmare for them... not me. I will let you in on a secret.

People not from the area might not know that if there are very bad tailbacks getting off the N11 again, skip the turnoff and take the next one (kilquade) follow the road all the way to the T junction (1.5 Km), swing a left and follow the road for 1km, the next T junction is the roundabout for charlesland!! It can be slippy but go slow and you will be fine :D

Given that there is about 3 days Ice that will easily be worse than Greystones...

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭MiniGolf

A safer option would be to go to the Newtown exit, under the flyover, back on to the N11 northbound and then take the exit for Greystones:D:D.
    Quicker too I would guess!

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭danjo

bloggj wrote: »

I was stuck at Sydney Parade. I think it was the Greystones Dart that stopped and blocked the southern line. They eventually got it going again after a long delay.
    I agree it was saviour as the buses were off at that time though I did see an Aircoach pass thyrough the level crossing.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Whippersnapper

I got the Dart to Bray at Sydney Parade around 4.45pm. There was a Greystones one due right after. Is that the one that was delayed?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

windgates still impassable this morning.... n11 still iced over.... doesnt look like i'll be getting to dublin...

has anyone been that way direction this morning?...early i know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

184 and 84x aren't running (at least via Charlesland) and I heard the Winggates is impassable. If you're taking the shuttle to the station, my top tip is to head towards the Crescent as it's full by the time it gets to the superquinn roundabout.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭jaffa20

jobless wrote: »
    windgates still impassable this morning.... n11 still iced over.... doesnt look like i'll be getting to dublin...

has anyone been that way direction this morning?...early i know

Surely they gritted it last night? I have to go to work now.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

aa jst on the radio, its passable now

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Charlesland to M11 bray is lethal.

Clears up then, M11 split from M50 bad and remains bad to Cornelscourt. Deansgrange to Rockroad very bad. Strand road to Tara street ok. Dublin 1 is an ice rink with 2cm of ice everywhere.

Thats my trip to work.

Had a few hairy moments. Me and car still in one piece!

Keep safe people! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭eigrod

8am and 8.30am DARTs were cancelled. Last announcement at station was one would leave at 8.50am.

Advertisement