Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weather in Greystones

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭future_plans

Greystones to N11 still pretty icey. N11 junction to M11, outside lane unusable (an hour ago anyway) - Not gritted. Council need to explain why one of the busiest roads in the country hasn't been fully gritted. Once your on the M11, its ok to the M11/M50 slip. Thought Stillorgan dual-carriageway seemed alright. Just move slow. Unbelievable as it seems, but there are still some pr*cks flying up the outside lanes overtaking and lane jumping. They could kill somebody yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

Damo9090 wrote: »
    Charlesland to M11 bray is lethal.

Clears up then, M11 split from M50 bad and remains bad to Cornelscourt. Deansgrange to Rockroad very bad. Strand road to Tara street ok. Dublin 1 is an ice rink with 2cm of ice everywhere.

Thats my trip to work.

Had a few hairy moments. Me and car still in one piece!

Keep safe people! :)

Dart was very busy. Just dropped my wife down. Main roads seem driveable. I passed the gritter. Why does the gritter always seem to be on the other side of the road when you're driving? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

i went the way of windgates this morning... passable but take it easy... there are abandoned cars on the road there.... a couple in the lane coming from bray.... once i got to the n11 from the southern cross it was fine... very surprised how empty the n11 was.... glad i left late

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

Is the Charlesland dual carraigeway ok? Had a white van man sliding backwards towards me on the kilcoole sea road to main st turn, luckily Id stopped well behind him!

Greystones to N11 still pretty icey. N11 junction to M11, outside lane unusable (an hour ago anyway) - Not gritted. Council need to explain why one of the busiest roads in the country hasn't been fully gritted. Once your on the M11, its ok to the M11/M50 slip. Thought Stillorgan dual-carriageway seemed alright. Just move slow. Unbelievable as it seems, but there are still some pr*cks flying up the outside lanes overtaking and lane jumping. They could kill somebody yet.

yeah its really frustrating..... some people a completely clueless.... tailgated on a hill yesterday by a guy..... felt like getting out a tearing him a new one!

• Advertisement

jobless wrote: »
    i went the way of windgates this morning... passable but take it easy... there are abandoned cars on the road there.... a couple in the lane coming from bray.... once i got to the n11 from the southern cross it was fine... very surprised how empty the n11 was.... glad i left late

The roundabout there at the end of S Cross Rd going onto the N11 last night was mental. Getting my van down Killarney Rd was pure Torvill and Dean.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭eigrod

ciaran67 wrote: »
    Dart was very busy. Just dropped my wife down.

Yeah because there was no DART after the diesel left at 7.55 until some time near 9am.

yeah i heard that....
    i feel sorry for the poor buggers who had to abandon their cars at windgates and wlk the rest of the way.... luckily i heard it was shut before i went that way...

eigrod wrote: »
    Yeah because there was no DART after the diesel left at 7.55 until some time near 9am.

boo.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

Is the 184 running today?? there is no mention on the DB site.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27 bloggj

184 only going to bray station i was told when called customer services.
    84 x did not go either. would not say it will today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭future_plans

What are conditions en route and in Greystones now? Starting that think about my drive home. Freezing fog here in town now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭NarkyBoots

What are conditions en route and in Greystones now? Starting that think about my drive home. Freezing fog here in town now.

Hey,
    Husband just drove home there now from near Dun Laoghaire. Says roads fine except for right hand lane in Glen of the Downs.

Slip road off N11 to Charlesland also fine.

-2 though with the sun still out.... :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Still lots of ice out there but not as bad as this morning. Traffic was great also!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,465 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Did the Bray Greystones run over Windgates this afternoon at about 2pm with no problem at all. There was a bit of slush, mainly on the northbound side (I guess that had had less traffic at that stage). The only slightly dodgy bit was the last bend before coming down towards the roundabout at the Bray end, and the left hand lane approaching the roundabout, but everything else was clear as far as I could see.

Lots of abandoned cars from last night still outside the Golf Club at the Bray end, and outside the cemetery at the Greystones end.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cotton

It took me nearly 4 hours to get from Dun Laoghaire to Greystones yesterday, nightmare. I went up Windgates hill, I had to as I live on it, it was almost impassable just before 6pm unless you had 4 wheel drive, the abandoned cars blocking the road didn't help either.
    Just a word of warning, I went up the drive for a look a while back & it's pure glass, worse than yesterday, they're not gritting it again tonight so it'll be in a right state in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Mullie

We just had a very heavy snow shower in Greystones. Prob somewhere between 1 and 2 cm. Looks like another day of mayhem on the roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭DK32

Yep the roads are going to be pretty bad considering the ground was very icy before the snow fell. Now that the ice is covered over it makes driving conditions even more unpredictable. Take care on the roads people and be conscious that the schools/playschools are shut and lots of kids will be out playing in the snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Huntthe

Ballyronan rd impassable without a jeep again.

Was just down the village & sea front and it doesn't look like anywhere was gritted during the night. The village road is not too bad but still slippy. The road back up to Charlesland from the village is bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 stevoh4

Hey there!
    My daughter lives in Greystones and i'm supposed to collect her today. Anyone know what the road is like from the m11 as far as Tesco??

Superquinn roundabout at Charlesland is like an ice rink again. Large security van just went round it sideways and cars coming down to it from oval are having a hard time stopping.

What about the other road?
    Around by the carrig pub?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

stevoh4 wrote: »

That road is drivable with care
    Down by Tescos is good to drive also.

Cheers John really appreciate that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭jclare56

hey all,

Just wondering would anyone be able to tell me how windgates is looking? Im heading to greystones later this evening - im in town at the moment and its not looking too bad bar the leathal paths!

cheers,
    j

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Traffic is moving between Bray and Greystones, roads are relatively safe
    This was Hillside at Tesco's this morning at 10.45 am
    B986BA64BBF64A389302FAE35AC1FF13-800.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

stevoh4 wrote: »

Be careful if you come down the Southern Access Route to Eden gate and take a left for Killincarrig - the road to Killincarrig crossing Three Trouts river is fairly dodgey.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Huntthe

Don't bother trying to go up to the top of Applewood. I just managed to extract myself with help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭artvandelay48

Has there been much snow in greystones today? We went over windgates this morning and it was okay although heading to bray is probably safer than heading to greystones. Hope its okay tonight.

Advertisement