Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weather in Greystones

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭cuddlycavies

To be fair Cuddlucavies, there were people driving like morons this morning. It's well and good to say roads should be gritted, but folk should take some responsibility for how they drive in such conditions.

Cars don't end up pointing the wrong way on the N11 if drivers take heed of the condition of the road.

Rather than bemoan the cocos and NRA for not gritting, why not encourage everyone you know to drive carefully.

This morning I couldn't believe the number of cars that would take up the space between my car and the next just because there was a gap I was deliberately leaving to allow for the condition of the roads. It's not like I was crawling along either, I was matching the speed of traffic ahead, but just being sensible about distance!
    Sure there is some truth in a lot of this and yes I drive slowly and tell everyone I know to. However whilst driving slowly on that morning, my abs light was coming on at kilmac and leopardstown. At least 15 vehicles were wrecked and people ended up in hospital. Not treating the M50 on one of the coldest nights of the year is unacceptable. It is their job to grit and you pay for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Ciaranpm

Sure there is some truth in a lot of this and yes I drive slowly and tell everyone I know to. However whilst driving slowly on that morning, my abs light was coming on at kilmac and leopardstown. At least 15 vehicles were wrecked and people ended up in hospital. Not treating the M50 on one of the coldest nights of the year is unacceptable. It is their job to grit and you pay for it.

Very True - The n11/m11/m50 just seems to attract morons whatever the weather have been driving this route since 2006 and it there are very few days when i dont see some form of lunacy

Some moron in truck nearly wrote off my car on the sandyford roundabout when he cut me up on that very icy morning this week. Roundabout driving lessons for all me thinks - he didnt even see what he did wrong grr.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭bealfeirste5

Huntthe wrote: »
    ****ty pissy rain/sleet, real Winter is over the Irish version is back.

Bring back the real Winter and the snow!

Advertisement