Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House insurance for underpinned house

Options
  • 06-01-2010 3:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

Hi all looking for some help...

Looking to get house insurance for a house that has just been underpinned... (Like in the last month) I am ,hopefully, the new owner as the house insurance is holding up the Mortgage...

I know that it was a previous thread albeit about 6 yrs ago, but tbh I'm starting to panic as most companies down here are brick walls when I mention the underpinning. -and yes I have to mention it unfortunately!!!

I hope someone can give me some helpfull advice

P.s sorry mods if I'm in the wrong place....

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Accomodation & Property

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 78,364 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I think your best bet might be to talk to a reputable broker, explaining the issue.

You may need to accept insurance without it covering settlement and the like, which your bank won't like.

Of course, there is the option of deducting X years insurance from the purchase price and/or seeking a bond from the vendor.

Advertisement