Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Zealand

Options
  • 06-01-2010 3:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭

Im in Australia right now on the 3 month holiday visa (iv used up my WHV here already)

Im thinking of now travelling from Australia to New Zealand. I am not very high on funds about 2000euro by time ill land in NZ. I would like to know where the best place to go to try get work is??? Maybe Auckland? Also where is the cheapest place to get a visa from? And I would like to know how easy it is to find work there, i have a certificate from college in IT but am willing to work at anything really aslong as it covers accomodation, transport and a chance to save a little.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭neon_glows

Also worth mentioning i know nothing about hk but i have a stop over already paid for to go there, whats the story with finding work and getting a visa in HK, id imagine its hard to find work there.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭iguana2005

HI there - 2000 euro is apprx 4000 dollars so lots of cash for you to spend! However hang on to most of it as you will need it when you return home...Auckland is lovely and one of the most popular places to head to - should be bar/restaurant/barista work avail..Wellington for more work orientated windy people. NZ is amazing so just take some time to relax and take in the scene. Maybe some fruit picking around the country. Hostels are very informative. Unfortunatly your IT cert may not be recognised - they have a habit of stopping travellers working asking for 'kiwi experience' within NZ. I held a diploma from CIT in Cork and it wasnt recognized. However if your staying short term you will probably only get bar/restaurant work which is better craic anyhow!

HK i presume you mean Hong Kong..great place to travel..not sure about work...i stayed in a fancy hotel as relativelly cheap with euro...massive expat scene there although mainly bankers etc...

Advertisement