Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need someone to create a branded flash player

• 06-01-2010 3:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭

Hi
    I have a 'movie' that I'd like to put into a flash player which autostarts on opening the webpage, and redirects to another webpage at the end of the 3 minute video.
    I have the video done, it's about 18mb in size.
    Anyone know someone that can do it for me?

Here's an example
    www.thebossmovie.com

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭DECEiFER

Hi
    I have a 'movie' that I'd like to put into a flash player which autostarts on opening the webpage, and redirects to another webpage at the end of the 3 minute video.
    I have the video done, it's about 18mb in size.
    Anyone know someone that can do it for me?

Here's an example
    www.thebossmovie.com
    That's not too hard. All you'll need to do is have the FLV Player automatically start on creation (when the FLV Player loads).

Then when the movie is done, you can simply have an event listener to look out for that and write a function to execute the re-direction when the event listener executes.

I know how to do it using the FLV Player component inside of Flash, but I'm not sure what you're using in your example there, where it's another type of player or just a customized skin. Anyway, here goes.

NOTE: If you want to use the FLV Player, you will have to convert your movie to .flv or .f4v containers. An easy job with Adobe Media Encoder, though there are other programs out there that can do it (check out this free encoder: http://www.erightsoft.com/S6Kg1.html)

First all off, drag in a FLV Player to the stage from the Components menu in "Window". It doesn't matter where, just drag it in. Then delete it from the stage (not the Library). You only need to drag it in so it's added to the Library.

Here's how you bring in the FLV Player using ActionScript 3.0:
    //Stop Flash at this frame
    stop();

//Import the video class
    import fl.video.*;

//Add a FLV Player variable/instance 
    var moviePlayer:FLVPlayer = new FLVPlayer;

//Declare the source file (from the same path)
    moviePlayer.source = "movie.flv";

//Make the FLV Player autoplay on load
    moviePlayer.autoPlay = true;

//Add the FLV Player to the stage
    addChild(moviePlayer);

You can specify other parameters, such as the skin, its color, and whatnot. It should use the default values otherwise.

Here's an example for the re-direct:
    //Add the event listener to check when the playback has completed
    moviePlayer.addEventListener(VideoEvent.COMPLETE, redirectURL);

//Once the listener detects completed playback, it will run this function
    function redirectURL(event:VideoEvent):void
    {
        //Not needed, but I like to clean up and garbage streams as I go to remove them from memory
        moviePlayer.source = "null";

//Again not needed, but but you may as well clean up
        moviePlayer = null;    

//Same again, more clean-up - again, not a necessity for what you're trying to achieve
        FLVPlayer(null);

//More clean-up, to remove unwanted event listeners (though, once the site closes down it will probably do all this clean-up anyhow)    
        moviePlayer.removeEventListener(VideoEvent.COMPLETE, redirectURL);

//URL re-direct
        navigateToURL(new URLRequest("http://www.website-here.com"));
    }

Over the last week I've been developing my own Flash site for a semesterized college module and I've had to learn all this within the last 7 days. It's fun, but very frustrating.

http://www.deceifermedia.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭boomshackala

DECEiFER wrote: »
    That's not too hard. All you'll need to do is have the FLV Player automatically start on creation (when the FLV Player loads).

Then when the movie is done, you can simply have an event listener to look out for that and write a function to execute the re-direction when the event listener executes.

I know how to do it using the FLV Player component inside of Flash, but I'm not sure what you're using in your example there, where it's another type of player or just a customized skin. Anyway, here goes.

NOTE: If you want to use the FLV Player, you will have to convert your movie to .flv or .f4v containers. An easy job with Adobe Media Encoder, though there are other programs out there that can do it (check out this free encoder: http://www.erightsoft.com/S6Kg1.html)

First all off, drag in a FLV Player to the stage from the Components menu in "Window". It doesn't matter where, just drag it in. Then delete it from the stage (not the Library). You only need to drag it in so it's added to the Library.

Here's how you bring in the FLV Player using ActionScript 3.0:
    //Stop Flash at this frame
    stop();

//Import the video class
    import fl.video.*;

//Add a FLV Player variable/instance 
    var moviePlayer:FLVPlayer = new FLVPlayer;

//Declare the source file (from the same path)
    moviePlayer.source = "movie.flv";

//Make the FLV Player autoplay on load
    moviePlayer.autoPlay = true;

//Add the FLV Player to the stage
    addChild(moviePlayer);

You can specify other parameters, such as the skin, its color, and whatnot. It should use the default values otherwise.

Here's an example for the re-direct:
    //Add the event listener to check when the playback has completed
    moviePlayer.addEventListener(VideoEvent.COMPLETE, redirectURL);

//Once the listener detects completed playback, it will run this function
    function redirectURL(event:VideoEvent):void
    {
        //Not needed, but I like to clean up and garbage streams as I go to remove them from memory
        moviePlayer.source = "null";

//Again not needed, but but you may as well clean up
        moviePlayer = null;    

//Same again, more clean-up - again, not a necessity for what you're trying to achieve
        FLVPlayer(null);

//More clean-up, to remove unwanted event listeners (though, once the site closes down it will probably do all this clean-up anyhow)    
        moviePlayer.removeEventListener(VideoEvent.COMPLETE, redirectURL);

//URL re-direct
        navigateToURL(new URLRequest("http://www.website-here.com"));
    }

Over the last week I've been developing my own Flash site for a semesterized college module and I've had to learn all this within the last 7 days. It's fun, but very frustrating.

http://www.deceifermedia.com

Thanks DECEiFER. I appreciate that, but I want someone just to do it for me. I'm not technical enough to do it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭DECEiFER

Thanks DECEiFER. I appreciate that, but I want someone just to do it for me. I'm not technical enough to do it
    I could kick it up for you later, it won't take long at all. But again, you'd need the movie in the correct format. Just tell me what specific color to use on the player skin (the Stop/Play controls) and the URL of the re-direct. I can give you the .swf file (and the .fla project file for your own reference).

Let me know?

Advertisement