Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

School Closures in greater Lucan area

• 06-01-2010 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

I thought it may be a good idea to establish a list of schools that are closed until Monday 11th January, 2010 due to adverse weather conditions.

Lucan Educate Together School Confirmed Closed - details on website

Confey College Confirmed Closed - Secretary are ringing parents to tell them.

St. Andrews reported Closed on other threads here.

Griffeen Educate - waiting confirmation
    Lucan East Educate - waiting confirmation
    St. John Evangalist Adamstown - waiting confirmation
    St. Marys BNS - any information?
    St Marys GNS - any information?
    Archbishop Ryan - any information?
    Lucan Community College - any information?
    Colaiste Phadraig - any information?
    St. Josephs - any information
    St Thomas/Scoil Aine - any information?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 natashaiseult

St Marys Boys and Girls schools in village both closed Thursday.
    Both will advise tomorrow about Friday

St josephs - confirmed Closed
    Lucan East Educate confirmed Closed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 201 ✭✭Dufresne

Lucan Community College, St Thomas, St Annes - all closed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Nicola C

Hey, thanks for the info on the schools... There is a full list on the rte website & also www.dublins98.ie/snowpatrol. As far as I can see all of the schools are definitely closed tomorrow...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,770 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Griffeen Valley Educate Together national school was open today. Open tomorrow as well. Was on their website last night - the carpark was closed for safety reasons.

Someone told me there was only one other primary school open today in Lucan, but I can't verify this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Schools closed until Thursday. Dep of Ed announcement.

Hey, does anyone know if St. Mary's BNS in Lucan Village is reopening tomorrow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 201 ✭✭Dufresne

Nicola C wrote: »
    Hey, does anyone know if St. Mary's BNS in Lucan Village is reopening tomorrow?

I've been told St Marys BNS and GNS are open tomorrow
    LETS is opening Weds and are asking parents and kids to drop by tomorrow to help clear snow from the yard

Lucan East ST is open tomorrow but no cars will be allowed up the driveway

Confey College in Leixlip - where a lot of kids from Lucan go is closed - flooded apparently

Thats all I've heard about so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

rte.ie/news has a list of all schools reopening ahead of Thursday so your best option is to check there.

Thanks for the info guys!

• Advertisement

LCC open tomorrow, as is St Thomas, Archbishop Ryan St Josephs and St Andrews

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,770 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Griffeen Valley Educate Together national school is open tomorrow. They were open last Thursday and Friday. The only reason they were closed today is because of that silly minister ordering all schools in Ireland to be closed :rolleyes:

Really how can he not resign over this? Only in Ireland.

Advertisement