Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Good foundation for dry skin?

• 06-01-2010 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭

Hi there
    Anyone know a good foundation or even what type of foundation is good for dry skin? My skin is only dry in parts but I find after using some foundations for a while they start to look patchy in places on my skin and make it look much drier than it is. I presume I'm using the wrong type

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Leah-G1

I have dry blothcy skin too, especially in the winter. I found that Clinics Dewy Smooth is the best. Lasts ages too as you only need a little bit at a time! its about 26 quid a bottle but sooooo worth it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭MissMotivated

Good stuff thanks Leah-G1, I think at this stage I will have to fork out a little bit extra for some decent stuff, Theres one particular bathroom where I work and the light streams through the window onto the mirror, my god I got some shock when I looked in that!!! I always thought It only mattered about having a good moisturiser and the type of foundation didn't matter, looks like I was dead wrong!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭ha-ya-said-what

That happens me the odd time, I use a No.7 one and never any problem with it, it stays even! Thankfully :D

Hi ha-ya-said-what, which No.7 one is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 mags cherrywood

yes the no 7 one im using at the moment seems to be good too and not expensive at all :)

• Advertisement

No.7 Radiant Glow

I find it great and only need to use a tiny bit at a time.

Back info says: look beautifully radiant in any light with this moisturising foundation. light reflecting particles add a healthy luminous glow to keep skin looking naturally flawless all day long

Well I can vouch that is does stay put all day, doesn't go patchy (even if I have one of them days where there is a dry patch on my face for what ever the reason). And I wouldn't even know I was wearing it!

Forgot to say I've used other No.7 ones too and could never fault them. Get them in Boots in the No.7 specials and you can get yourself a lovely free gift when the promo is on!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 mags cherrywood

Yep thats exactly it!! not afraid to look at the mirror anymore during the day it lasts!

Yep thats exactly it!! not afraid to look at the mirror anymore during the day it lasts!

:D Feckin brilliant isn't it

Excellent thanks girls!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭MissHoneyBun

Lancome Photogenic is great for dry skin as is Laura Mercier Silk Creme. You could also try a tinted moisturiser? Or maybe avoid long-wear or matte foundations, which tend to dry your skin out

• Advertisement

Lancome Photogenic is great for dry skin as is Laura Mercier Silk Creme. You could also try a tinted moisturiser? Or maybe avoid long-wear or matte foundations, which tend to dry your skin out

That's the thing I never checked which type of foundation was best for dry skin and which to avoid, I will avoid matte and long-wear! so many choices now,must go shopping at the weekend!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 154 ✭✭Seoid

I really prefer pure mineral foundations that come in a powder - they're much healthier for your skin. Usually I put it on dry with a big brush but it also works really well if you mix it with whatever moisturiser works for you and put it on like a creme foundation.
    My sister has really dry skin and this works for her.

I really like Lily Lolo make up: http://www.lilylolo.co.uk/
    But if you're not sure about shopping online, Bare Escentuals in BT2 are supposed to be good as well (I haven't used them though)

Thanks Seoid might give that a try also

Advertisement