Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

snow - ALL EXAMS RESUMING AS SCHEDULED AS OF 12TH JANUARY

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

~me~ wrote: »
    theres an announcement on moodle, tiny thing underneath webmail link.
    All I see is a notice saying exams are proceeding as scheduled :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭~me~

xsinox
    theres an announcement on moodle, tiny thing underneath webmail link.

they said they'll e-mail students of further updates

scroll down to end of page :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 226 ✭✭encryptix

For those who cant see it

101694.PNG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 647 ✭✭✭DingChavez

xsinox wrote: »
    NUI still hasn't posted anything on the website! it's a bit ridiculous letting some exams go ahead and then postponing Monday. I agree with whoever said all or nothing. I just hope they let us know in time if other exams are going ahead or not:(
    Due to expected severe weather on Sunday night/Monday morning the university has decided to postpone the examinations scheduled on Monday 11th January to Friday 22nd January 2010. The times and venues scheduled for Monday 11th January will apply on Friday 22nd January.

It is intended to proceed with other scheduled examinations as normal.

The university will assess the situation on Monday 11th January and will communicate with all students via their NUIM email account on any further developments.

Examinations scheduled for today Saturday 8th January 2010 are proceeding as normal. (

Hope they don't cancel more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

I normally just read what's in front of me and then login.
    Took me ages to realise there was a second half to the page :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Kazuma

Found it there, thanks me (odd). How many people can they realistically expect to see that?
    In the words of Tony Harrison, "This is an ouuuutraaaage!"

EDIT:
    Examiniations eh? Maybe they should examine a spellchecker...

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭jojo86

DingChavez wrote: »
    Paragraphs are your friends.

haha sorry i was in the moment!!!

Ah sweet jaysus how the hell are people meant to see that. I never even knew that was there until now :eek: You'd think they'd send an email or at least have it at the top of the page.
    Right thats that settled then. I'll start studying for Wednesdays exam so.

yeh its ridiculous for such a significant announcement but at least its there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Kazuma

Everyone should have an email about it by now, check your inny-in-inboxes

they updated the main notice thing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 xsinox

If you scroll down to the bottom it just says Monday's exams are postponed until the 22nd Jan & that same times and venues apply! They will determine on Monday if they need to postpone more exams:o

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Bout bloody time.

I suppose the reason they don't postpone them all is that a week from now, the weather could be fine again, and the second week of exams can go as planned. Still. Happy to hear that they've made the decision that is good for people's health, as opposed to the convience of those who live nearby...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭collegemum

Ah sweet jaysus how the hell are people meant to see that. I never even knew that was there until now :eek: You'd think they'd send an email or at least have it at the top of the page.
    Right thats that settled then. I'll start studying for Wednesdays exam so.

Dont suppose you have law on Wednesday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

It's on NUIM.IE now. Though you'd be forgiven for missing it. Top left-hand corner. Same font/colour as everything else.

BIG RED BOX IN THE MIDDLE OF THE PAGE, please.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Just got an email about it as well.

Same. Not a bad showing, nuim. Not bad at all.

just got the text! Could have done that first before alerting RTE!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

LYIT have postponed all exams for next week, UCD are closing two of their campuses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭5Aces

The exams really should be put back to mid february. there must be someone here thats good at organising petitions. anybody know how long the deep freeze will last? if someone travelling cant make it down and has to repeat then how does that affect their marks or is it just marked as absent and do the repeats and get marked out of 100%?

5Aces wrote: »
    The exams really should be put back to mid february. there must be someone here thats good at organising petitions. anybody know how long the deep freeze will last? if someone travelling cant make it down and has to repeat then how does that affect their marks or is it just marked as absent and do the repeats and get marked out of 100%?

/Pages PrivateEye

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭astroguy

Exams put back to mid february? Did you even think about how this would affect modules in the second semester? You'd lose about three weeks of college!

collegemum wrote: »
    Dont suppose you have law on Wednesday?
    Nah. Maths.

Nah. Maths.

ouch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Berthram

I missed my exam today. There was no way I could safely make the 60 mile journey by car. I had the other complication of frozen pipes in my house and trying to organize water. Staying overnight in Maynooth is not an option in my case (lone parent).
    Anyhow, the subject that I missed today is my strongest module and I was expecting a very good mark so I am worried that I will be 'capped' at 40% in the summer exam for this module.

So would it be best to say that I was unable to attend due to weather difficulties or will I need a doctors cert or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭5Aces

Berthram wrote: »
    I missed my exam today. There was no way I could safely make the 60 mile journey by car. I had the other complication of frozen pipes in my house and trying to organize water. Staying overnight in Maynooth is not an option in my case (lone parent).
    Anyhow, the subject that I missed today is my strongest module and I was expecting a very good mark so I am worried that I will be 'capped' at 40% in the summer exam for this module.

So would it be best to say that I was unable to attend due to weather difficulties or will I need a doctors cert or something.

there is no way they will cap it. there will be war.

greece_span.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

Sorry if this has been asked already,does anyone know what the total turnout was today,yesterday it was listed on teletext as 94%,just curious to know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Berthram

there is no way they will cap it. there will be war.

greece_span.jpg

I though that was the canteen for a minute.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

Sorry if this has been asked already,does anyone know what the total turnout was today,yesterday it was listed on teletext as 94%,just curious to know.

i'd say it was high, when i came in 10 minutes late only my desk and maybe one other along the walk down the small sports hall was free

Advertisement