Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

snow - ALL EXAMS RESUMING AS SCHEDULED AS OF 12TH JANUARY

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭collegemum

Nah. Maths.

ah...done those maths exams back in 1st year. Turned out surprisingly good papers ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

collegemum wrote: »
    ah...done those maths exams back in 1st year. Turned out surprisingly good papers ;)
    Try 3rd and 4th year pure Maths :D
    Although I'd prefer that to law :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

/Beez needs to study.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭collegemum

Try 3rd and 4th year pure Maths :D
    Although I'd prefer that to law :p

ouch - my sis had them exams last year. Good luck !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

Copy from moodle:
    UPDATED NOTICE POSTED ON BEHALF OF THE EXAMINATIONS OFFICE,
    JANUARY 9th 2010
    PLEASE NOTE THIS NEW INFORMATION

Due to expected severe weather on Sunday night/Monday morning NUI Maynooth has decided to postpone the examinations scheduled to be held on Monday 11th January 2010. These examinations will now be held on Friday 22nd January 2010. The times and venues scheduled for Monday 11th January will apply on Friday 22nd January.

It is intended to proceed with other scheduled examinations as normal.

The university will assess the situation on Monday 11th January and will communicate with all students via their NUIM email account on any further developments.

Examinations scheduled for today Saturday 9th January 2010 are proceeding as normal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

Nice shot of Maynooth on RTÉ website....three photos in.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0109/snow%20_gallery.html

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Trinity following suit now, according to RTE.

1318 All Trinity College Dublin examinations scheduled for Monday 11 January have been postponed. Further details will be posted on the TCD website

Seems the snow is melting now anyway, at least in my area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 912 ✭✭✭Norrdeth

Yeah Lucans going melty melty also

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭hypersquirrel

Just putting my 2cents in. You can't postpone all or nothing with the exams as you would never be able to fit them in anywhere else. Taking it on a day by day situation is the only option as it is possible to postpone a limited number but not all. 2 or 3 days can be tacked on to the end. Try rearranging 3 weeks and where on earth do you intend to put them.

The exams office are extremely busy at the moment. They are having to monitor attendance, as well as keeping a constant eye on public transport notices in order to inform halls of any delays that may be affecting students. It isn't a simple case of drawing up a timetable and once the exam starts that's it for them. During each session are they are having to deal with late arrivals and get them sorted, they have to make sure that there are no problems with the papers and they have to remain in contact with all halls etc. The notice was out on RTE before it was out on the website is because the exams office has other priorities, namely getting on with that day's exams and making sure they run smoothly and without distracting students with news that Monday is canceled when they can be informed of that afterwards with no distraction element.

Yes getting to exams is going to be a problem and I have great sympathy for those affected. I know it was very difficult for me to get in and I only live one town over but the fact is that they are going with the only logical solution. People will be put out no matter what they do. The key is to try and put out the fewest people possible without creating a logistical nightmare like rescheduling 3 weeks of exams into a one week slot.
    Sorry if this has been asked already,does anyone know what the total turnout was today,yesterday it was listed on teletext as 94%,just curious to know.

I wouldn't know the exact figures and I'm not a maths student but that would look about right from what I've seen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Hypersquirrel wins the thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Will they announce today about the rest of the exams ?

I'd imagine they'll go on as normal as they're looking into re-opening schools and the roads are thawing now.

Just got this email:
    The university wishes to advise students that January 2010 examinations will resume on Tuesday 12th January 2010 and all examinations will proceed as scheduled.

*Edits title*

Now, to take bets on how many people post in here asking "are the exams still on?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Devia

So are the exams still on?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

As I said, this is why it was a good idea not to do a blanket postponement of the exams. Based on the weather today, it's miserable outside but not dangerous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 KGA333

All exams are proceeding as scheduled from Tues 12th. We've just got an e mail.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Columbia

Sorry if this has been asked already,does anyone know what the total turnout was today,yesterday it was listed on teletext as 94%,just curious to know.

I was invigilating in the small sports hall, and I'd say this is roughly correct.

Devia wrote: »
    So are the exams still on?

Nah I'm afraid they've been postponed until October.

Rozabeez wrote: »

YES!

Now I can sleep at night.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭lsuzanne1987

Rozabeez wrote: »
    Did Devia get that you are joking?

blank_facepalm_224.gif

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

What's an exam?

I hate you all.

Did Devia get that you are joking?

What? You mean this was all a cruel joke?

Ah godamn it... *turns off nintendo wii and gets back to work*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Glad exams are back on, have an exam tomorrow and have been studying all weekend for it and sick of the subject by now. Did not want to face having to spend another few weeks waiting for that exam.

Also does the College realise that the exams rescheduled for the 22nd clash with Theology exams on the same day. I do not do Theology but know people who do and I believe their exam timetable clashes now. I could be mistaken by this, have not checked it out. Just heard it from people. If it is true it is a massive oversight by the College, forgetting to do something as simple as get in contact with St Patricks.

Kiwi_knock wrote: »
    Glad exams are back on, have an exam tomorrow and have been studying all weekend for it and sick of the subject by now. Did not want to face having to spend another few weeks waiting for that exam.

Also does the College realise that the exams rescheduled for the 22nd clash with Theology exams on the same day. I do not do Theology but know people who do and I believe their exam timetable clashes now. I could be mistaken by this, have not checked it out. Just heard it from people. If it is true it is a massive oversight by the College, forgetting to do something as simple as get in contact with St Patricks.
    I thought St. Pat's cancelled all their exams ??

In Drumcondra...no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 210 ✭✭leopoldbloom

NUIM go out of their way to screw SPCM as often as possible, but don't worry, it's reciprocal. Like the FOOOking car-park thing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Karen blaney

Not only do the rescheduled exams clash with theology but they also clash with the french orals!! they've just made life more difficult for students and staff.....

Advertisement