Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

snow - ALL EXAMS RESUMING AS SCHEDULED AS OF 12TH JANUARY

1789101113»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

It's two weeks away, I'm sure some minor rescheduling will make all these difficulties go away...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Duddy

Have to wait to the pipes thaw out before we have any water:(

Day 6

• Registered Users Posts: 15 MissTiny

Is it just me or are the Sports Halls absolutely FREEZING during the exams? They seemed fine for the first week, but its like now that the snow is gone they don't see the need for heating anymore..!
    Had a heavy jumper, scarf and gloves on and was still shivering during my exam this morning - just seems to make exams ever so slightly more unbearable!:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

MissTiny wrote: »
    Is it just me or are the Sports Halls absolutely FREEZING during the exams? They seemed fine for the first week, but its like now that the snow is gone they don't see the need for heating anymore..!
    Had a heavy jumper, scarf and gloves on and was still shivering during my exam this morning - just seems to make exams ever so slightly more unbearable!:o

Yes, completely freezing, I was there this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

They allow scarves/hats etc? Glad to hear it. I was nearly tempted to try leave the coat on going into mine.

One tomorrow (Early Modern Europe, ffffffuuuuuuuuuuck) and then one next Tuesday. Nearly want to just get tomorrow over with.

**WHILE IT HAS NO DOUBT ALREADY BEEN ASKED**
    I'm dreading this one tomorrow, but already have 24% going in to it from Assignments. Does this mean I could get away with 20% say from this exam? I can't see myself scoring that low in anything in truth, but I'm curious about whether one has to pass the written exam, if the marks add up?

• Advertisement

Duddy wrote: »
    Have to wait to the pipes thaw out before we have any water:(

Day 6

I feel your pain :(
    Im on day 4 though. Came into college today just to have a shower. Real bad timing during the exams :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

PrivateEye wrote: »
    They allow scarves/hats etc? Glad to hear it. I was nearly tempted to try leave the coat on going into mine.

One tomorrow (Early Modern Europe, ffffffuuuuuuuuuuck) and then one next Tuesday. Nearly want to just get tomorrow over with.

I'm dreading this one tomorrow, but already have 24% going in to it from Assignments. Does this mean I could get away with 20% say from this exam? I can't see myself scoring that low in anything in truth, but I'm curious about whether one has to pass the written exam, if the marks add up?

It might depend on the subject but I'm almost sure you'd have to pass the exam.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Rozabeez wrote: »
    It might depend on the subject but I'm almost sure you'd have to pass the exam.

Think this is usually the case.

Remember too that if the exam is worth 75% of the total module then 40% in the written exam = 30% of the overall module. So you'd need 10% from assignments etc. Though if you're scoring that low maybe you shouldn't doing the course...

I've 24 out of 33 going in to it from assignments, so its happy days. Just an odd module that is irritating me quite a bit, last year the one I dreaded ended up being the best result as you don't realise all that stressed-out study goes in :rolleyes:
    good luck to everyone, 1 down 2 to go for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

3 down... 4 to go :(

• Advertisement

Anyone on the booze Thursday? I've a morning exam then nothing until Tuesday so fancy a few pints but I suppose everywhere will be dead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

PrivateEye wrote: »

Yes. You're fine.

You need to get 25% minimum in the module total to pass by compensation. You also need to sit the exam. It doesn't matter what mark, you merely have to be present at it.

If you get 20% in the exam - not of the exam, but you get 20% of your entire module, so 33% in an exam worth 60% of a module - you'll be fine. 4% more than you need, in fact :)

I am the master of this stuff, with the possible exception of one other boardsie who shall remain anonymous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 210 ✭✭leopoldbloom

banquo wrote: »
    I am the master of this stuff, with the possible exception of one other boardsie who shall remain anonymous.

I wonder who that could be...............;)

So there's me looking through the exam past papers for a few days and then I read on moodle that they've changed the format this year even more of the exam is going to be MCQ. Whoooop whoop!

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭hypersquirrel

MissTiny wrote: »

The heating was on and will be on for the duration of the exams but unfortunately it wasn't working properly for some reason for the majority of the day. Hopefully it'll be fixed soon and the remainder will be ok but just in case it might be a good idea to wear an extra t-shirt if you;re going to be in there.

banquo, legend. Cheers.

In the end....the exam went really, really well :o

80something terms to learn, I must have got about 15 of them in my head and of the 10 on the page (we had to answer 5), I'd studied 6.

Thanks Jaysus!

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭astroguy

The exams that were supposed to be in the small sports hall today were moved because of heating not working in the small sports hall. Not sure if this is still the case or if it will be fixed by tomorrow, but get there early just in case you have to go somewhere else (I had to go over to John Hume).

Advertisement