Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MSc Bioresource Technology

Options
  • 06-01-2010 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I'm looking at doing the above Masters in UCD, starting in September. I was wondering what it's like. My primary degree is in Business Studies and Human Resource Mgt and it's been seven years since I've looked at anything sciencey! I was wondering if I'm going to be a huge disadvantage with this and if the course is even worth pursuing due to my SEVERE lack of science skills! I loved science at school and did chemistry in my leaving.
    Any help gratefully received,

Sara

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 bluestar87

I was looking at that course as well but the 6.9k fee is a bit off putting. With regards to your ability to get through it I'd say u'd be grand but do they look for a science undergrad as a prerequiisite? Where do you think the potential jobs would be?

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭saraocallaghan

I talked to Karen in the post grad office and she spoke to the course director about my primary degree and she said that it wouldn't be a problem to get in with it. Unfortunately I don't know anymore than what's on the website about jobs and such. :( that is the one thing that is turning me off, the price tag isnt, cos most post grads, that I've looked at have been around the 4-6k bracket.

Advertisement