Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Longford->maynooth train or drive tomorrow?

• 06-01-2010 5:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 48

Hi,

I've been WFH so far this week & have managed to avoid the commute, but I have a couple of meetings that I cant reschedule tomorrow & friday...

I heard that there were a couple of delays and that with the trains this week, so am wondering should I drive or take the train?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭dereko1969

trains have been working fine - only issue seems to be today that they've closed docklands station which wouldn't effect you.

i'd train it i hate driving in the snow and ice and the road from longford to maynooth on sunday wasn't too bad but not brilliant either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 jrd_old

Thanks, I think I'll take your advice on this.
    Am listening to newstalk and there's a guy on saying that this cold weather is going to last until the 14th!! Mental stuff altogether

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭steph1

I've just been looking at the AA website and they are advising people to take trains where possible. I drive for a living and even I am not out on the roads this weather. Maybe you should check first if your meetings are going to go ahead or not. Everyone is affected by this weather. I drove up and down to Dublin for Christmas and I was glad that I made it up and down safely but it was no joke.

Advertisement