Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on travelling

Options
  • 06-01-2010 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭

Hi all, i didn't know where to put this anyway...
    Im due to fly to london heathrow next thursday morning. I have another flight from heathrow in the afternoon. I booked the tickets seperately and im worried that the first flight will be delayed/cancelled and i will miss the second, which seems possible given current weather conditions. Any advice, the second trip is to asia so is very expensive and i cant afford to miss it. Will the weather clear a bit or should i do something else??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

should i do something else??

Buy good travel insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭random_banter

On the same theme:

What is the outlook for Friday night/Saturday morning? I am due to travel from Dublin airport for a ski holiday on Saturday morning at 7am to Milan with Aer Lingus. The same flights were cancelled because of bad weather in Dublin last Saturday, and i'm quite stressed that our holiday will be ruined, as we have been looking forward to this for months :(

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Winger_PL

On the same theme:

What is the outlook for Friday night/Saturday morning? I am due to travel from Dublin airport for a ski holiday on Saturday morning at 7am to Milan with Aer Lingus. The same flights were cancelled because of bad weather in Dublin last Saturday, and i'm quite stressed that our holiday will be ruined, as we have been looking forward to this for months :(

You should be fine, there should be no more snowfalls until late Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭random_banter

Winger_PL wrote: »
    You should be fine, there should be no more snowfalls until late Saturday.

Thanks for the reassurance :) I'm leading a group of 13 and I don't want anyone to be disappointed or take it out on me as the organiser.

The travel company we booked with have been putting people up in hotels around the airport when the flights have been canceled, but that isn't much fun and people have been losing many days off their holiday - and since it's only a week that would pretty much wreck it.

I'm a huge fan of following the weather and the current conditions are quite exciting and interesting, but it's this country's lack of ability to deal with it that is making me very angry!

Advertisement