Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Need help connecting with xbox

• 06-01-2010 5:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭

hi, i've got a windows 7 dell laptop with a LINKSYS router. i'm trying to connect to my xbox 360 but the test to connect fails. i've got the NXE dashboard and have all my network settings to automatic. i want the xbox connected using only ethernet cables
    the message on the xbox reads:
    "can't obtain an IP address from your router or modem.
    your router or modem may not be automatically assigning an IP address.
    on your pc, go to your router configuration Web page. make sure DHCP is enabled and had a large enough address rand for all devices on the network.
    also make sure that your router's MAC filtering allows you console's MAC address or is disabled."

when i try to go to my router's web page (i think it's 192.168.1.1) it doesn't work.
    anyone have any suggestions? the sticky at the top of the forum doesn't help.

Comments

Advertisement