Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

snipe

Options
  • 06-01-2010 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭

i have a snipe coming to where am feeding a few garden birds what could i put out for him to eat i know they ust be having a hard time at the moment there is alot of snow on the ground here and very heavy frost , i think its a jack snipe by the way
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭jmkennedyie

Good for you. I guess they are looking for worms/grubs. Maybe you could try putting out mealworms? Any chance of a pic? Thx!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Great to get a Snipe in a garden.:) Had one once many years back, but a Jack Snipe would be a real rarity. They are scarce around most of the country at the best of times but in the garden???

http://www.birdwatchireland.ie/Default.aspx?tabid=327

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Deer Hunter DL

ill try and get a pic he normaly turns up near evening time , i looked at pics of snipe and jack snipe on the net and he a jack for sure i live in a remote part of donegal with plenty of marshes around so there is a small amount of them about , thought it was a woodcock at first but futher inspection showed it was a jack snipe

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Dony

This must be catching.:D.Never did I think i'd see a snipe, never mind getting a photo of one.
    Took this in my front garden today!
    Poor quality photo I know.

Advertisement