Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gas Boiler Temp and Pressure

• 06-01-2010 6:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭

I've noticed its cold.

I also noticed that my boiler was set to 57 C but says it can operate up to 80C. I assume this is the water temperature.

But when I put it up the pressure climbs into the red. So I have to pull it back down. Is there any way to release come pressure from the system while still running it at full output for the next few days.

Also one rad just doesn't give out heat. Would this be an airlock or something else? Could I need a new rad?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Pete67

Sounds like you need to get the expansion vessel checked - if it's lost its charge then there is nowhere for the expanding water to go when the temperature increases, so the pressure rises into the red.

You could try venting the radiator that is not working, but get the expansion vessel checked. Depending on the boiler it may be either installed inside the boiler enclosure, or separately somewhere else, such as in the hot press.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Bubonic

Thanks a million for the reply Pete.

Any idea what the expansion vessel would look like? There is a little pot looking thing with a pressure gauge in the hotpress.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭bauderline

As far as I know the hot water expansion vessel is usually red and found in the hot press. It will also have an air valve in it on the top or bottom...

Advertisement