Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dance Forum Feedback - How do you want things done around here?

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

100% agree with the notes on genre etc etc when posting a track, but a lot of the time people just do not bother. So should we try to enforce a certain coding when posting a track or will that just put some people off?
    daroxtar wrote:
    Techno alone would need about 10 threads
    That's what we want to avoid really. Techno is an incredibly wide genre, we all know this. The kind of techno I'm into is primarily 127-132, but then there is also some more downtempo melodic stuff too. Correct me if I'm wrong but there are not too many people here into 150bpm stuff, I've not seen much of it anyway. But regardless I don't see why we cannot have one techno thread just as long as we put an indication as to the type of bpm or style it is.

I'm suggesting one for house/electrohouse, one for tech house and techno, and I'm looking for suggestions as to how to classify the rest, while tying to minimise the number of threads to try to cover the majority of what people here are into

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Zascar wrote: »
    100% agree with the notes on genre etc etc when posting a track, but a lot of the time people just do not bother. So should we try to enforce a certain coding when posting a track or will that just put some people off?

That's what we want to avoid really. Techno is an incredibly wide genre, we all know this. The kind of techno I'm into is primarily 127-132, but then there is also some more downtempo melodic stuff too. Correct me if I'm wrong but there are not too many people here into 150bpm stuff, I've not seen much of it anyway. But regardless I don't see why we cannot have one techno thread just as long as we put an indication as to the type of bpm or style it is.
    Well I for one ...yaddayaddayadda....127-132 is lullaby music not techno......:D.

Ok, if it was up to me i'd classify like this :
    1/Minimal, Tech house/Deep house/house.
    2/Techno.
    3/Electro, Breaks and dubstep.
    4/DnB, Jungle, Hardcore, breakcore, speed core and other 160+.
    5/Trance,Hard house,Hardstyle & jumpstyle.
    6/Electronica and Ambient.
    7/Dance to Tipperary

Some fans of different genres will be abhorred by that but thats just my take on it and then you have 7 threads taking up a load of space when 1 was doing the job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

Daroxtar wrote: »
    Well I for one ...yaddayaddayadda....127-132 is lullaby music not techno......:D.

Ok, if it was up to me i'd classify like this :
    1/Minimal, Tech house/Deep house/house.
    2/Techno.
    3/Electro, Breaks and dubstep.
    4/DnB, Jungle, Hardcore, breakcore, speed core and other 160+.
    5/Trance,Hard house,Hardstyle & jumpstyle.
    6/Electronica and Ambient.
    7/Dance to Tipperary

Some fans of different genres will be abhorred by that but thats just my take on it and then you have 7 threads taking up a load of space when 1 was doing the job.

seems reasonable to me.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Daroxtar wrote: »
    I don't claim to be any techno expert but a simple look at the 'Techo' categories on beatport, whatpeopeplay and juno etc, most of it is sub 130 or so - I hear very little 135+ in my searching. Anyway, we digress... :D

What does anyone think as to suggested splits? I think 7 is too many - you'll find 2 will be very popular, another 2 only a little and the rest barely at all...

Zascar wrote: »
    I don't claim to be any techno expert but a simple look at the 'Techo' categories on beatport, whatpeopeplay and juno etc, most of it is sub 130 or so - I hear very little 135+ in my searching. Anyway, we digress... :D

What does anyone think as to suggested splits? I think 7 is too many - you'll find 2 will be very popular, another 2 only a little and the rest barely at all...

There have already been threads here on about what beatport call techno and imo 90% of it aint what I'd call techno, and in my head my opinion is by far the most important one:):)
    Now we're entering a whole new game of soldiers ... like i said, 1 thread would probably do fine if used right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

Personally I'd rather just keep Jungle, Dubstep, Grime, UK Funky and DnB to one thread and keep anything ending in "-core" to it's own thread.

Breakcore has nothing in common with what i'm into, you might as well have techno and hard house and trance sharing a thread because they share a BPM count.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

1/Techno, Minimal, Tech house/Deep house/house.
    2/Trance,Hard house,Hardstyle & jumpstyle.
    3/DnB, Jungle,
    4/Electronica and Ambient.
    5/Tiesto

He has to get his own Thread
    TiestoDJ.jpg

5/Tiesto

He has to get his own Thread
    TiestoDJ.jpg

Deadmau5 is gonna be sooooooooo jealous

Advertisement