Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

working from home

Options
  • 06-01-2010 7:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭

hi folks,
    do many people work from home in limerick? like to know how people manage this situation?

cremeegg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,310 ✭✭✭✭phog

Do you mean work for yourself from home or work remotely from home for a company?

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭cremeegg

phog wrote: »
    Do you mean work for yourself from home or work remotely from home for a company?

work from home for a company...

I just started and was wonderin do many people do this ...

maybe get some tips /pointers... do' s donts..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭MrFireBox

cremeegg wrote: »
    work from home for a company...

I just started and was wonderin do many people do this ...

maybe get some tips /pointers... do' s donts..

Do get them to pay for your broadband if you are connecting to the company computer network...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭whatdoicare

Make sure you allocate a room as a work space or you'll be living in your office (after a while you get to the point where you seem to be working all day and night- I had that experience.)
    Manage your time the same as you would in an office, it's very easy to slip into the sleep late pattern- get up at 8am start work at 9am, take a break at 1030am and 1pm and finish at 5/6pm.
    If you have an exercise machine- take a break during the day and use it or take an hour and go out for lunch! Depression goes along with being at home alone all day, look after your mental health.

Hope that helps :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 jrd_old

I work from home a fair bit, depending on what I am doing I can either be in the office all week or at home up to 4 days per week.

My biggest tip would be to work defined hours - its easy to get distracted by family stuff when you are at home, so you need to be strict, also depending on your job you might get caught up in what you are doing and loose track of time

Apart from that turn off your chat/emails . Your boss/team leader has your mobile number, so if they need to contact you in an emergency they can ring you. Similarly with boards/facebook :) allocate spend X amount of time to spend on them per day and stick to it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭cards

have an exercise routine in your lifestyle and stick to it. Before 'work' is best as you'll be fresher and get more done. If it suits your personality type working from home can be theeeeee greatest blessings. I don't miss society one little bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭cremeegg

thanks guys ... all excellent pointers... i can see the point about mental health and looking after it ..it will take some getting used to... will defo have to excercise often... hate running though ... find its so boring and lonely..

any ideas about lunchtime... prob no group training or soccer going on in limerick i wonder...????

defining office hours and dedicated office also...

thanks ..much appreciated...

Advertisement