Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Schools Closed in Howth

Options
  • 06-01-2010 7:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭

Are schools closed in sutton howth area

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

I happen to know that the local school transport operators haven't received any cancellations for Sutton/Howth so far. If I hear otherwise I'll post back.

Gaelscoil M'Ide & Scoil Eoin in the Greendale area of Kilbarrack/Raheny are definitely closed.

ETA
    I believe that Sutton Park is open for those students who can get there. They have boarders don't they? So they will have to offer some sort of school day anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 lana92

are schools is baldoyle closed?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

Just to update you although I'm sure you know already. The Dominican College (Santa Sabina) and St Fintan's are closed today. Sutton Park remains open for students that can travel.

I'm sorry but I don't have any information on Baldoyle schools.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

For info on schools in Baldoyle - check in the Dublin City forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

All schools closed untill Thursday

http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0108/educationweather.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Was talking to a woman this morning who is furious as she has to take unpaid leave or pay someone to mind her kids. I have not had to travel that much on the roads but I meet a lorry everyday at 6am and he comes from Naas Rd.

Is it not an over reaction closing the schools? Its putting extra expense on people who are already stretched. BTW it does not effect me as my wife is full time home maker.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

It's a classic - they are citing safety as the reason for closing the schools. However many older kids will simply find themselves on the (icy) streets for a lot of the time - are they really safer there than in a cosy classroom?

I'm not against closing schools where there are real safety issues, but the decision should be left to the individual schools

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭ragg

Hill Billy wrote: »
    For info on schools in Baldoyle - check in the Dublin City forum.

Is baldoyle classed as Dublin city :eek:

I thought dublin city started at the kilbarrack road

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Beasty wrote: »
    It's a classic - they are citing safety as the reason for closing the schools. However many older kids will simply find themselves on the (icy) streets for a lot of the time - are they really safer there than in a cosy classroom?

I'm not against closing schools where there are real safety issues, but the decision should be left to the individual schools

Good point, I didnt look at it like that. They are already throwing water on some paths so if we get the weather we are promised there will be some mess on Monday morning.

I would agree where there is a need for schools to close thats fine but let them decide. As far as I know only 1 teacher could not get in to my childs school out of about 35. Its probably more difficult for secondary schools where students are often travelling a good distance to get in.

In Rush we are getting a text on Sunday at 6 pm

Advertisement