Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water Leaking up through Floor

Options
  • 06-01-2010 7:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi
    I moved into my current rented house 5 months ago...have had alot of problems including boiler breaking down over xmas, radiator in one room not working, toilets flooding..and now the latest is this leak.
    the water is coming up through the wooden floor boards in the hallway and my daughters bedroom. The floor is all chipped now and bubbled...i rang the estate agent but he said he can't get anyone over to me with the weather.
    i'm just wondering what my rights are as i'm just fed up with this house at this stage. i have a two week old baby and a 4 year old and i'm terrified of them getting sick with the dampness coming through the floor.
    Can I move without giving notice and get my deposit back??? the lease says one month notice but I surley can't be expected to stay here with the water coming up through the floors??? Can I???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,364 ✭✭✭✭Victor

You need to put the landlord / agent on immediate notice that if the problem isn't fully resolved within X days, you will have no option but to deem the property uninhabitable and have to move out.

You might talk to www.threshold.ie www.prtb.ie and the housing department in your local council.

Advertisement