Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any1 know is American Beauty makeup artistry course similar to La Makeup academy?

Options
  • 06-01-2010 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Im thinking of changing career and becoming a make up artist. I know Dublin has great courses but Im nowhere near and it wouldnt be possible to commute or stay up there so I had to look for a course nearer to me. I came across American Beauty makeup artistry courses in Co. Cork which is a lot nearer to me. The owner was La make up academy trained so it sounds good to me.
    As I had never heard of American Beauty training courses Im a bit wary. Could anyone who is familiar with La make up academy check out American beauty website and see if it sounds ok.

heres the link: http://www.americanbeauty.ie/home.html

Ultimately I know its my decision but just wondering if anyone has feedback on it or even done it before.

How hard is it to get a job after you qualify. I would be looking at working freelance or tv.....

Thanks in advance!:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 makeup-angel

rubydoo wrote: »
    Im thinking of changing career and becoming a make up artist. I know Dublin has great courses but Im nowhere near and it wouldnt be possible to commute or stay up there so I had to look for a course nearer to me. I came across American Beauty makeup artistry courses in Co. Cork which is a lot nearer to me. The owner was La make up academy trained so it sounds good to me.
    As I had never heard of American Beauty training courses Im a bit wary. Could anyone who is familiar with La make up academy check out American beauty website and see if it sounds ok.

heres the link: http://www.americanbeauty.ie/home.html

Ultimately I know its my decision but just wondering if anyone has feedback on it or even done it before.

How hard is it to get a job after you qualify. I would be looking at working freelance or tv.....

Thanks in advance!:)

Hey rubydoo, your post shows up in google when you do a search for make-up!

Have you done the course? It is a pity there isn't too much in make-up training going on in cork :( do they have good design and fashion courses up there?

My advice would be check the place out , check the qualification you get(er thanks but no thanks to "I printed myself pieces of paper", you might as well just print a diploma yourself. Cheaper!) , are they legit, member of some educational body?....

Sorry can't help much. Did make-up and fashion in Paris

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 MUA fanatic

"Earlier this year I undertook several courses with American Beauty Training Academy, after which I can only highly recommend both the academy and the tutors. The atmosphere is very friendly and supportive towards students giving you the best chance possible to succeed. The courses are intense but the attention given to each student is too. I am now running my own successful beauty salon and wish to pass on a huge thanks to both Alexis and Louise for all their support!"
    Mairead, OMG (Fermoy)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 MUA fanatic

Name: Rosa O'Shea

Limerick

Courses you have done with us: Mac Make-up course and Ardell eyelash course

TESTIMONIALS: Great Course trained to highest standard and great fun. Alexis is very helpful and takes interest in her pupils afterwards. I would highly recommend the mac make up course to anybody interested in make up.

Advertisement