Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung S5560 or Marvel

• 06-01-2010 7:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Hi,
    Anyone got one of these phones? I got one for Xmas and am really starting to hate it. Keeps unlocking in my pocket. Needed my PUK 3 times over Xmas. Has anybody had similar problems or know if there is a way to disable the unlock button on the side of the phone? Short of ripping it out that is:p

Shame really cause other than that its not a bad phone...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Use the phone lock rather than keypda lock. To turn it on, just go into 'settings' and then 'security'. Then select 'on', you will have to enter a pin first time to set it up.

Their is also a special unlock, where you can move your finger on the touchscreen to unlock it. It should be under 'gesture unlock' in the settings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 liam62

Thanks Davy. Unfortunately the phone lock is just used as a secondary lock for the phone in case its stolen. You only need to enter the phone lock pin at start up and not everytime the phone is locked. It means if you pop another sim in the phone will still be locked.
    As for the gesture lock - didnt find that! Unless you mean the button on the touch scren you hold for 2 seconds to unlock? That would be fine on its own but unfortunately there are 3 ways to unlock. The button on the side (very sensitive), the touch screen or simply by sliding out the qwerty keyboard a few millimeters. One knock in your pocket and it usually results in one of these being triggered...
    Was in carphone warehouse today as they are the sole suppliers of the phone but they were clueless.

Thanks anyway and if anyone else has found a work around please let me know...

Advertisement