Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Robinson Affair (mod warning: post 5)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Nodin wrote: »

Brilliant nodin, wag the dog indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Dr. Baltar

Where as I do feel sympathy for Peter Robinson, I must say that I am content with the fact that Iris Robinson's political career is going to fail because of this.
    "Do as I Say not as I Do" comes to mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Hmmmm

Strange to see the usual apologists for the 'underdog' salivating about someone's misfortune.

Kind of fcuks up their 'holier than thou' projected persona.

(you know who you are;))

Hmmmm

Strange to see the usual apologists for the 'underdog' salivating about someone's misfortune.

Kind of fcuks up their 'holier than thou' projected persona.

(you know who you are;))

Every dog has its day....;) I agree they do know who they are....

Tell me do you think this scandle will cause the lights to turn green or will all traffic stop with a red light.....

Every dog has its day....;) I agree they do know who they are....

Tell me do you think this scandle will cause the lights to turn green or will all traffic stop with a red light.....

Scandal, Joey, scandal tut tut.

It's not good Joey... Peter is a dead man walking and there is need of strong leadership up there to steer this peace process through to it's safe docking.

I'd say your lads waiting in the wings with the fertilizer ready to spread on the fourth green field are getting a bit pumped up as they say;)

• Advertisement

Scandal, Joey, scandal tut tut.

It's not good Joey... Peter is a dead man walking and there is need of strong leadership up there to steer this peace process through to it's safe docking.

I'd say your lads waiting in the wings with the fertilizer ready to spread on the fourth green field are getting a bit pumped up as they say;)

With respect to all sides. On a personel level I tended to trust Ian paisley more than peter robinson. Peter would sell his mother to get a promotion where as Ian you new what you got even if you did not like it.

Out of curiosity why is he a dead man walking. I reckon he will get the final promotion he always wanted out of this.

The dead man walking so to speak is the 19 year old. IMO.

With respect to all sides. On a personel level I tended to trust Ian paisley more than peter robinson. Peter would sell his mother to get a promotion where as Ian you new what you got even if you did not like it.

Out of curiosity why is he a dead man walking. I reckon he will get the final promotion he always wanted out of this.

The dead man walking so to speak is the 19 year old. IMO.

Not literally, politically.

DUP won't risk scandal in light of the forthcoming Westminster elections.

Nig. or Geoff will take over fairly soon, i would say.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Jaap

BBC NI are putting on a Spotlight Special at 10:35pm this evening...when they will reveal the identity of Iris' lover. I think the whole of Northern Ireland will be watching that one!
    Joey the lips mentioned the Matt Cooper show. Listened to it myself. One of the commentators remarked how Gerry Adams has remained quiet recently over his brother's alleged behavior and how Liam Adams actions were hidden amongst the Sinn Fein ranks for year...wouldn't surprise me if a BBC Spotlight programme was in the pipeline on that issue!
    What a start to 2010 in the North...with leading figures amongst unionist and republican groups having serious questions to answer! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I've deleted nine posts that added nothing to the way of discussion and little beyond a snicker to the existence of the universe. Appropriate penalties have been issued, complaints to me by PM. While I'm prepared to leave this open for reasonable discussion, the idiotic antics of a few make it pretty darned hard.

Odds are good that this will end up being locked in a few hour but I'm prepared to give people the benefit of non-idiotic hope. So it's re-opened but I wouldn't count on it remaining so if people "contribute" like in the likes of the deleted posts. Kindly remember the "this isn't your playground" line. We hold ourselves to a reasonable standard of discussion.

/mod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Politics is classically more of a Jungle...

Anyhoo....RTE News at 6 carried a live piece from Tommy Gorman, in which he stated that the inquiries directed towards the Robinsons, and Irish Robinson in particular, may relate to funding that emanated from a council to a 21 year old Buisiness man. Not on the web yet but I'll whack the link up later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭POINTBREAK

An Irish blogger has named the 21 year old..... the comment below is from the same site.

The clues add up – although how people know which of the two owners of the café is involved will, I guess, become clear when BBC NI names the politican’s ex-lover during their Spotlight programme tonight at 2235 GMT. While this remains speculation for now, if this is indeed Iris Robinson’s lover, it seems the woman who said that homosexuality is worse than paedophilia was actually having an affair, at the time, with a young man forty years her junior, who also ran a business that was partially supported with public funds

My wife who knows zilch about politics has just said "fair play" to Iris for pulling such a young bloke!:D
    Her ex-lover will need a few weeks' holiday out of Northern Ireland once his name is released...to escape the media frenzy...poor lad!
    He will learn his lesson for messing with a married woman...and a very well known married woman!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

POINTBREAK wrote: »
    An Irish blogger has named the 21 year old..... the comment below is from the same site.

The clues add up – although how people know which of the two owners of the café is involved will, I guess, become clear when BBC NI names the politican’s ex-lover during their Spotlight programme tonight at 2235 GMT. While this remains speculation for now, if this is indeed Iris Robinson’s lover, it seems the woman who said that homosexuality is worse than paedophilia was actually having an affair, at the time, with a young man forty years her junior, who also ran a business that was partially supported with public funds

The irony is astounding.

dlofnep wrote: »
    The irony is astounding.

That isnt irony

Jaap wrote: »
    My wife who knows zilch about politics has just said "fair play" to Iris for pulling such a young bloke!:D
    Her ex-lover will need a few weeks' holiday out of Northern Ireland once his name is released...to escape the media frenzy...poor lad!
    He will learn his lesson for messing with a married woman...and a very well known married woman!

Hes obviously not fussy. There is also the financial element which may have been an inducement to him.

The lad's business will certainly be doing some trade with journalists etc. tomorrow!
    I'm feeling a bit of sympathy for him though...he may have got his business off the ground and gained publicity for it, but he will always be remembered for having an affair with Iris Robinson!

rovert wrote: »
    That isnt irony

Yeah its hypocrisy. It would have been ironic if she had fallen in love with a 21 year old Girl.

POINTBREAK wrote: »
    Yeah its hypocrisy. It would have been ironic if she had fallen in love with a 21 year old Girl.

I dont think that was what dlofnep was getting at

• Advertisement

rovert wrote: »
    I dont think that was what dlofnep was getting at

Its flown over my head then......... lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Suppose he has officially been named now on the BBC website as Kirk McCamberly. What is shocking is that he was 19 at the time which would put it over a year ago. I think she is trying to distract people about the financial irregularities by covering it up with a larger scandal. I am looking forward to seeing Spotlight which will reveal more about the financial part of it all.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/northern_ireland/8447352.stm

D-Generate wrote: »
    I think she is trying to distract people about the financial irregularities by covering it up with a larger scandal.

This makes NO sense as both are interwined

This is getting REALLY juicy

WOW
    The show has just started and she has been accused of accepting two £25k presents from property developers and didnt declare it.

She set Kirk up in business.

This comes from Selwyn Black former RAF Chaplin and ex employee of Robinson.

She told the ChapLain she was setting Kirk up in business.
    He had no money.......... she got 50k from the 2 developers from her 2 property developer friends......... she got £5000 back in cash that she asked for.

They fell out and she wanted the money back....in 2 cheques, one to her and one to her church........ she was in Florida on holiday and was doing it by text.

Iris broke the law by not declaring the loan, gift......... she lobbied for planning for one of the developers...

There was a change of plan. Peter found out and insisted she pay back the money to the developers.......

She originally accepted the money as a gift, the developers didnt expect the money back......... but Peter knew the implications.

He knew about the money and the contract awarded to a developer on the back of it, but he didnt declare any of it.

On the morning after she tried to kill herself and was seriously ill, he went to work.......... Selwyn Black was called to take her to hospital.

Selwyn Black recieved no payment from Spotlight and came forward as a matter of conscience.

Show over......... serious charges for Peter to answer. It also came out that her boyfriends proposal for the couuncil funded Cafe was deemd the only suitable one .Iris sat in council the night it was rubber stamped.
    The 2 developers were named as Fred Frazier now desceased and Ken Cambell......... I dont know Cambell but Frazier has made millions developing large areas of her council area.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭flan59

If he got money from her I guess she got screwed in more ways than one!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Meself

folks i'd be grateful if you could keep me updated on the spotlight prog... im not near a tv and am v interested in what the programme has to say

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭In my opinion

This is serious and mad. She is some boyo!!

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭In my opinion

Peter Robinson is a dead man walking

• Advertisement

Geninuely feel sorry for Kirk and Peter for the postion his wife put him.

Advertisement