Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game tie-ins

Options
  • 06-01-2010 8:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭

reading reviews of film tie-ins or licence tie-ins you know before looking at the score at the bottom that it is going to get a terrible score or review
    I know the developers just look at the profit margin and know that enough stupid people, kids or ignorant parents are going to buy because it is the latest big thing and will make a nice profit.
    when i was growing up there seemed to be better movie tie-ins such as Batman, Robocop,Goldeneye and The Untouchables but that maybe just rose tinted glasses as there was some weird tie-ins like Edd the Duck?!
    Ok there has been some recent good tie-ins like Chronicles of Riddick and Batman:Arkham Asylum but on the whole most are dire
    Am i being too harsh or do you think that these games deserve a second chance?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

superfly wrote: »
    reading reviews of film tie-ins or licence tie-ins you know before looking at the score at the bottom that it is going to get a terrible score or review
    I know the developers just look at the profit margin and know that enough stupid people, kids or ignorant parents are going to buy because it is the latest big thing and will make a nice profit.
    when i was growing up there seemed to be better movie tie-ins such as Batman, Robocop,Goldeneye and The Untouchables but that maybe just rose tinted glasses as there was some weird tie-ins like Edd the Duck?!
    Ok there has been some recent good tie-ins like Chronicles of Riddick and Batman:Arkham Asylum but on the whole most are dire
    Am i being too harsh or do you think that these games deserve a second chance?

The reason film tie ins are so bad is because not enough time to spend on making the game good as they have to be rushed out to coincide with the film in order to cash in. Game tie ins for kids films are the worst culprits as they usually all seem to be bland platform games.

It is a shame really. Practically every movie tie in i can think of has gotten bad ratings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Speaking of which, I watched District 9 last night, very suprised that there's no game, could be good if done by the right developer

http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/opinions/7-reasons-why-a-district-9-game-would-be-awesome-neilm.php

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Another recent example of a good film tie-in is Wolverine. The film was pretty bad, but the game was really good!

Advertisement