Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell & Snowfall Discussion Part 2 (Eagle says Polar Low) Wednesday/Thursday

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Jonnykitedude

-7 here between navan & kells.

Took me over 2 hours to get home when i left work at 9pm, which wasnt bad but when i walk in the door the wife says " go get some fire wood will ya"
    About 2inchs on the ground too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,740 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Approaching -8C here now - probably even colder in the Village lower down:eek::)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Depends on where your itouch gets its info from, its usually Accuweather? I think.... could be right.

Have a look here, thats a pretty reliable indication of temps:
    http://www.irelandsweather.com/

doubt it. Accuweather on my iPhone is telling me it's +1 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

All Ireland coldest is -19.1c in Sligo... Villiain is now 6c off that with -13.1c... A long way to go until 9am when we'll know if we have a new AI record... looks promising... if the skies stay clear there he'll be in business.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Dotsie~tmp

Just took a drive down to tesco finglas for some tablets. All roads sheet ice. Even the ones that were slushy but gripping earlier at 4oc. Dunno about dual carriageway and up. Take it real easy if u are driving.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Davo D

Minus 13 in Tullow and it's still only 11:35pm. Holy moly!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Carroller16

N11 Bray Bypass - a TROPICAL -0.2c

• Registered Users Posts: 16,851 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

eskimocat wrote: »
    Ah sugar!!!:( was getting ready to launch the 2010 snowman design from the house of Eskimocat...Sorry all will have to catch the next one!!!

yeah it's very, very frustrating. it has been near miss after near miss for a prolonged spell of snowfall over the last couple of weeks for quite a few of us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

UKMO prep chart for 3.00pm tomorrow:

101295.jpg

Similar, if not identical, to the ECM evolution for the same period.

Edit: Just this minute hit -7.0c!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

nice view of system moving south

http://www.yr.no/satellitt/1.5941760

• Advertisement

What's villians site address? On iPhone here so apologies if it's listed. I can't see details

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

irish1967 wrote: »
    What's villians site address? On iPhone here so apologies if it's listed. I can't see details
    http://www.carlowweather.com/

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Danno wrote: »
    All Ireland coldest is -19.1c in Sligo... Villiain is now 6c off that with -13.1c... A long way to go until 9am when we'll know if we have a new AI record... looks promising... if the skies stay clear there he'll be in business.

I was planning an early one tonight, was up until after 3 am this morning on snow patrol.

But I think I might have to hang around and see what happens with Villiain's air temp !:D

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Snowaddict

This is really turning out to be an exceptional cold spell. Widespread snowfall for many today, severe minima tonight over the snowfields in the East & Southeast of the country, with severely cold minima everywhere else also. Many areas of the country must now be under snowcover.

Also, worth noting that ECWMF 12Z Precip guidance looked, rather interesting for later in the weekend, not withstanding the potential for lighter snow showers beforehand in Eastern & Southeastern areas:

100106_1200_108.png

SA :)

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Leeside

Have a look here, thats a pretty reliable indication of temps:
    http://www.irelandsweather.com/

Currently showing -13.2c for Tullow.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

I was planning an early one tonight, was up until after 3 am this morning on snow patrol.

But I think I might have to hang around and see what happens with Villiain's air temp !:D

Coldest Temperatures are usually recorded between 7am and 9am at this time of year... better off getting an early night, 'tis a long way to go yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Rodar08

irish1967 wrote: »

Aaw look at you all name dropping now cause I mentioned it ... I phone this, Itouch that :D:P:p:D

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Chicken Run

101295.jpg

YESSSSSSS...c'mon.........

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Danno wrote: »
    Coldest Temperatures are usually recorded between 7am and 9am at this time of year... better off getting an early night, 'tis a long way to go yet.

Cloud cover should arrive later in the night, around 5am i would say. Although he is fairly far south so will go lower.

I love this. Was wondering what we would be staying up late for tonight and Villians Temp is it! Phew for a while there I thought it was an early bed early :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,947 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Only one issue lads, my broaband has been up and down the last few days because an Eircom pole is down on the lane hope it will stay up to report

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Bog Butter

-7 here between navan & kells.

Took me over 2 hours to get home when i left work at 9pm, which wasnt bad but when i walk in the door the wife says " go get some fire wood will ya"
    About 2inchs on the ground too :)

I'm between Navan and Kells too. The back roads are leathal!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,851 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

101295.jpg

so it looks good for WolfeIRE, Snaps, and the members who live in parts of cork and kerry:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

101295.jpg

May be very obvious, so bear with me. Is this good for snow?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

just looked at Villians temp... OMG :eek: is he out serving it iced drinks or what... woohoo.... go on ya Villian ya....
    Fingers crossed for ya

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Jonnykitedude

malman wrote: »
    I'm between Navan and Kells too. The back roads are leathal!

Ardbraccan myself??? you?

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Chicken Run

so it looks good for WolfeIRE, Snaps, and the members who live in parts of cork and kerry:)

and us Banner-dwellers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Timistry

The UKMO precip chart is looking marginal for south kerry at the moment. The icelandic one is wayyy better for the very south

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Rodar08 wrote: »
    Aaw look at you all name dropping now cause I mentioned it ... I phone this, Itouch that :D:P:p:D

I think he has an iphone app for it, going to put it onto my iphone now and head up to the bed !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,947 ✭✭✭✭Villain

I think he has an iphone app for it, going to put it onto my iphone now and head up to the bed !
    Yep its there alright free on the Itunes store

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement