Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell & Snowfall Discussion Part 2 (Eagle says Polar Low) Wednesday/Thursday

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

Lisa Burke is a laois woman who used to live up the road from me in killeshin,like somebody has pointed out correctly here.
    and a fine lass too.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,340 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

jenzz wrote: »
    As it was descibed on another page last night - if yesterday brought the east to a standstill sundays one if it comes off, will be " The day after tomorrow":D

So.......Saturday? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

WolfeIRE wrote: »
    congrats on post number 1000 in this thread

it wouldn't have been possible without all ye're help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭future_plans

Its after getting extremely foggy in Clontarf. Visibility decreasing rapidly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 MammyNotSpammy

:cool:

Does this mean that in Dublin we have no more and then on Sunday night we get lashed on with the snow??????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Am I the only one to notice that Lovely Lisa's chart has the temperature at +5 for Eastern Ireland. That would mean rain, wouldn't it?

Maybe they are highs? Looking at the GFS, looks llike about 5c out in the Irish Sea but more like 2c inland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

any reports from donegal yet? Maybe they all died in a snow storm :confused:
    crying_baby2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Gone quite cloudy here in Cork City and it hasn't been cloudy for a few days -it's been all blue skys and dazzling (as Lisa would say!) sunshine:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

redsunset wrote: »
    Lisa Burke is a laois woman who used to live up the road from me in killeshin,like somebody has pointed out correctly here.
    and a fine lass too.
    She's a good piano player too, I saw her playing on the telly a few years ago.

she must be good if she was able to play on a telly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

is there no end to her talents?!

Heroditas wrote: »
    Guess where I'm going on my walk tonight! :D

Ha ha thats the spirit :)I may see you there so! thats my walking lane :) its like being in the country, only not :) There was some kids sledding down the Golf course at Tubber Lane. having a blast.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

she must be good if she was able to play on a telly
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

now the suns dissapearing, its dropping here. The ice/moisture on the car outside is re freezing. air temp down to 1.9c, peaked at about 2.7c earlier. Im crossing fingers now we will get snow in the west. It really seems to be taking its time though. Still clear blue sky here, cloud over the conemmara mountains to my west.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

From Dublins98news twitter:

People in Finglas are being asked not to leave taps running, water levels in the area are running critically low

http://twitter.com/Dublins98News

That should read FINGAL not Finglas.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,853 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

it has clouded over with a two degree rise in temperature. unfortunately i regret to say these clouds look like they'll produce sleet rather than snow:(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

it has clouded over with a two degree rise in temperature. unfortunately i regret to say these clouds look like they'll produce sleet rather than snow:(

You've had snow up there though haven't you nacho? I swear I feel like i'm in a bubble down here!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

What I thought was heavy cloud coming in is as much fog as cloud.

Feels leaden and ominous.

Thought it was going to fall in on us but not so far.

The mountains are veiled.
    precip should be hitting parts of west donegal shortly.

image.ashx?country=gb&type=slide&time=&index=1&sat=vis

• Registered Users Posts: 16,853 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

leahyl wrote: »
    You've had snow up there though haven't you nacho? I swear I feel like i'm in a bubble down here!:D

yes i have but the gollum in me has taken over. i certainly hope you see some. if not you should seriously consider moving:p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

any reports from donegal yet? Maybe they all died in a snow storm :confused:
    crying_baby2.jpg

Glad to see your not wearing ur blue jumper today :)
    Theres no weather here in donegal yet lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭squonk

The longer it takes the better to allow temps drop back. Balmy here in North Clare ATM even though it seems Shannon AP only reporting 1C. Doesn't feel like that at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

snowing in Woodford, i'm told.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭lo0kash

Hi guys, I'm supposed to go to Portalaoise tomorrow morning. Did anyone go that way today? How's N7/M7? Thanks

snaps wrote: »
    Im crossing fingers now we will get snow in the west. It really seems to be taking its time though. Still clear blue sky here, cloud over the conemmara mountains to my west.

"You can never turn your back on snow" - Sir Nacho Libre, 2009

Web_radar.gif

I hope that blob to the west of Kerry wasnt the main percip of this front coming down?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

14:30pm

Remember radar coverage in the NW isnt great so that probably isnt showing the full picture on the precip off the coast.

1430.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

lo0kash wrote: »
    Hi guys, I'm supposed to go to Portalaoise tomorrow morning. Did anyone go that way today? How's N7/M7? Thanks

All lanes open on the M7, but take extra care between Newbridge & Naas due to ice.
    Icy on the N7 at Mountrath and on the M7 from Portlaoise to Monasterevin.

http://www.aaroadwatch.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Thick fog up here; would that show as snow/rain?

Looks like there is some precipitation getting into Donegal on the 14:00 radar.

Any reports if that is snow or rain or what?

damn, here comes the clouds from the NE now along with a temp rise. now 2.1c.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Carroller16

That should read FINGAL not Finglas.

copied and pasted... still has finglas on the twitter

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement