Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wolf Parade Vicar Street

• 06-01-2010 8:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭

Wolf parade are heading to Vicar Street on May 20th, no ticket info on ticketmaster yet, their UK shows are £20 so 27-30 here probably

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Excellent... last gig was great. Went a long way to make up for the drunken mess that was the Whelans gig.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Nice. Thanks for the heads up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Certainly enjoyed their last Vicar Street gig. Might well pop along to this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Beetlebum

Excellent....love their latest album. I was a mess at their last gig so gotta try to be relativley sober at this one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

Tickets go on sale next Wednesday, only €19 as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Hmm...don't think I can afford tickets at the moment. I'll have to chance it for awhile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭yevveh

Hadji better be on the tour this time, I really noticed his parts being missing last time.

Also, I hear they've been working on a third album. Any news on this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭Damian Duffy

yevveh wrote: »
    Hadji better be on the tour this time, I really noticed his parts being missing last time.

Also, I hear they've been working on a third album. Any news on this?

It's called 'Expo 86' and it's out some time in the summer.

http://www.chartattack.com/news/81722/wolf-parade-debut-two-new-tracks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭yevveh

I saw the P4K article the other day. Can't wait for this.

Sad to hear Hadji's left, I hope they've found a better way to play the old songs than they had at the last show.

Anybody really looking forward to this later?? Cant wait!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 eoin_mulhern

yeah should be epic was suppose to see them last year but missed them in the end...hopefully will be a good gig

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Dick Turnip

should be good - heard one of the new songs the other day. dunno the name but it was good!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Good enough gig but they didn't seem to into it. Did they even say anything to the crowd other than here is some new stuff? Crowd was well smaller than last time as well. New stuff sounded really good though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 173 ✭✭markcellardoor

Have to admit i didn't know much about them before heading in, i knew 3 to 4 songs that i was pretty fond of but the rest of the 2 albums didn't hook me. I headed anyway just to check it out.

didn't really enjoy the gig that much, they sounded like a different band at the start to what i heard on CD (although they kicked off with impact with a good reception from the crowd). they seemed a little dated at times but i presume i can put it down to me not being a big fan like others there.

i liked that cool pad type keyboard that the guy in the middle played and they were very generous playing some older songs in the 3 song encore.

It was a bit of a strange gig. I thoroughly enjoyed it but the crowd just didn't seem into it at all and I think that filtered through to the band. They were trying to get things going but the crowd never really responded. The reception after each song was excellent but during the songs was terrible. Literally about 10 people seemed to be moving there hands or clapping or anything!

The new stuff did sound great and to be fair to people only casually in to them they did play maybe one new song too many but what can ya do, that's up to the band. As my girlfriend pointed out, it seemed that for every one person who was there because they really liked the band there was at least another one who was dragged along for support etc and it showed. When they finished with 'Kissing the Beehive' I was convinced that pretty much nobody had ever heard the song. All in all, good gig, relatively **** crowd.

I also don't really understand the above point about the music sounding dated. Some of the old stuff is 5ish years old. They're playing it for fans whilst trying to get in the new stuff. It wasn't dated in 2006 when NME were licking their balls and then decided that their time as flavor of the month was over. Not criticizing you, as you said you didn't know much of their stuff and enjoyed it.

Anyway, hope they come back again and the new album does well.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 173 ✭✭markcellardoor

I would totally agree with you. The crowd was a bit lame and i have to admit i was part of the crap crowd. Sometimes you can make the wrong decision by tagging along to a band you don't know too much about based on 3 or 4 songs.

I'll still keep an eye on them and their new album but I may think twice before taking a similar plunge in the future.

I would totally agree with you. The crowd was a bit lame and i have to admit i was part of the crap crowd. Sometimes you can make the wrong decision by tagging along to a band you don't know too much about based on 3 or 4 songs.

I'll still keep an eye on them and their new album but I may think twice before taking a similar plunge in the future.

Yeh, it's happened to me a couple of times but in those cases the crowd were on a good buzz and I got swept up in it. Not knowing much of the music wasn't important but you didn't have a hope last night cause the crowd were so painfully quiet. The amount of people around me just txting on their phones the whole time or chatting. I get the impression with the irish music scene that it's more about going to the gig and saying your going to the gig (for rep or whatever) rather than actually enjoying the music. The more I think about it today the more pissed off I'm getting. Anyway, obviously not your fault!

Advertisement