Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cancun?

• 06-01-2010 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭

Heading there for a week for my honeymoon in April. Seems to be plenty to do in the hotel and resort but does anyone know what Cancun itself is like? Much to do or see? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 311 ✭✭Straycat

was there in 07 for part of our own honeymoon, the majority of the hotels are on a strip of a penunilsa outside of cancun itself (hard to describe) this makes it very pretty as the sea is behind the hotels and a lake is in front, your hotel could be a couple of kms out, and there is nothing other than hotels until you get to the town itself. public buses run into the town fairly regularily and you can also get taxis, but we found ourselfs confined, if you decide you are gonna stay by the hotel all day you need make sure you have everything you need, other than that you have to get into town as there are no shops nearby.

the taxis will charge you by the standard of car it is (really!!!) cancun itself is pretty in the early evening with heaps of restaurants, we particularry enjoyed the hard rock, and the rainforest cafe (cliched i know!!) the nightclubs are a bit sticky carpet wet walls affairs, and massivly overcrowed for my liking (in fact three school leavers were crushed three weeks after we had been there due to overcrowding on an exam celebration night)

shopping is good, and once you stay in the main areas it is safe. you will get hussled at every corner, but they let you alone once you are firm with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭bamboozle

i'd nearly avoid Cancun and head out to Isla Majures which is an island about 5 miles off Cancun, its very popular with American honeymooners, beautiful beaches, great diving and far less touristy than Cancun.
    Otherwise i'd head down the peninsula.

Advertisement