Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St Josephs Hospital on fire!

Options
  • 06-01-2010 9:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭

Apparently theres a big fire in St Josephs Hospital on Mulgrave Street.
    Anyone know anything about it or have pictures?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭donutheadhomer

is this true?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭TheKnowledge

is this true?

Yes, think its put out now though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭donutheadhomer

Yes, think its put out now though

was it a big fire? any njuries?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

I drove past it at about 21:15 and there was nothing happening there, and no fire engines or police present.

If there was a fire it was nothing major if the place was so quiet so quickly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭TheInquisitor

I heard 20 foot flames coming out the roof!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Give a source or you shouldn't post something like this.

Nothing on the net about it and its 00.30 :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Firefox10

I keep imagining that scene out of "A bridge too far".:D

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭BravoMike

So maybe there was a fire after all. From live 95 Fm website

temp-120x100.jpg
    ST JOSEPHS'S HOSPITAL FIRE NOT MALICIOUS

07 January 2010
    Gardai say they are satisfied that a fire at St Joseph's Hospital in the city last night was accidental.
    The fire broke out on the roof of a building at the hospital on Mulgrave Street shortly before 6 o'clock yesterday.
    Three units of Limerick fire service were called to the scene and spent just over an hour battling the blaze.
    It's understood the building was not occupied at the time and patients were not at risk.
    Gardai say the building had been under repair and according to the Chief Fire Officer all indications point to an accidental cause.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Millie

I live on Mulgrave street and there was a fire on a roof at St. Josephs last night. As it was dark I couldn't make out how much damage but it looked extensive enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

I went past it about 8pm last night.One fire engine was leaving at that time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭TheKnowledge

I told ye there was a fire! :D

I was just enquiring for info as its near my house and I wasn't home at the time

Advertisement