Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Portfolio Courses

Options
  • 06-01-2010 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭

Well the cao isn't much help but does anyone know places to do a One year portfolio course? I need it as a back up for next year in case I don't get into my course.

Anyone know anywhere?:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

Hey OP, a few friends of mine are in Ballyfermot College doing portfolio courses. There are different ones though, which can be found here: http://applications.bcfe.ie/courselist.php
    Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 examnerd

Hiya,

Colaiste Stiofain Naofa in Cork city, also St John's College Cork. the first one is highly respected down here

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Orlaladuck wrote: »
    Well the cao isn't much help but does anyone know places to do a One year portfolio course? I need it as a back up for next year in case I don't get into my course.

Anyone know anywhere?:)
    Portfolio courses are normally done by FE colleges / providers rather than universities / IoTs, so they usually don't appear on the CAO.

Where in the country are you? ... you might get more useful responses if you specify! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Orlaladuck

I'm in tipperary but i Really really do Not want to go to Tipp Institute. I can't take another year at home D=!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭bogtotty

The central technical college in clonmel do a great art portfolio course. My sister did the one in Gairm Scoil Muire in Thurles and is now in her final year in Crawford. I don't think it matters which PLC college you choose as long as your final portfolio is up to scratch. Having said that, the one in Colaiste Stiofain Naofa in Cork is probably one of the best as almost all of its modules are art-based (some of the smaller colleges stick in modules like business management and IT).
    Go to http://www.careersportal.ie to get more info on PLC courses (and make sure they are FETAC accredited at level 5 or 6).

• Advertisement
Advertisement