Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Easy to connect a new oil tank?

• 06-01-2010 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭

i am getting a new oil tank delivered tomorrow and then oil hopefully but rather than ring a plumber i was wondering how hard it is to take the hose off the old tank and put it in the new one? the old tank is a big old steel one (with leak) any advice? is it a case of unscrewing a nut and popping it on the new tank or is there more to it. did do a search but found nothing:( thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 338 ✭✭PaddyBloggit

Of all jobs ... get a plumber to do this one.

You'd need to buy sealant tape etc.

I got my tank replaced by local oil company and they took away the old one but wouldn't touch the connecting of the new one as the connection diameters were different.

If the diameter of the piping is different he'll have to adjust connection accordingly. He'll be able to seal joint properly etc.

If you have an oil leak it will be a costly affair.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭breadbin

ah wel its all done now anyway. not by me though;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 338 ✭✭PaddyBloggit

breadbin wrote: »
    ah wel its all done now anyway. not by me though;)

How much etc. .... the suspense is killing me! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭breadbin

very reasonable - 30 quid!! think he felt sorry for me:) only took him a few minutes but still

Advertisement