Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert advice needed.

Options
  • 06-01-2010 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭

Heres where I'm at. The mocks are a month away (maybe less) and I have done zero study. I did feck all in 5th year as well. So, basically I have two years of courses to learn in 6 months. I do honours geography, German, English, history and DCG and pass maths and Irish.
    CAN IT BE DONE?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Of course it can. You just have to be willing to put in the time at night and on the weekends. Doing so, and you should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Dubs

Get yourself into a habit of studying. If you find yourself being too distracted at home, eighter remove the temptations or go off to a library. Make yourself stay until a certain time and that you absolutely will not leave until then so you might as well study.
    The trick is to find a healthy balance of study and past-times, so that your doing the work you need but aren't burning yourself out.

Just think, in 6 months it will all be over. You don't want to be looking back on these next few months thinking "if only i had studied then". Trust me, its an awful feeling!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 327 ✭✭zoom!

I'd say everybody is on the same about at this stage. I'd say if you sacrificed your weekends you should be fine for the mocks. But as for the LC, you should be fine if you just keep it consistent.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Just do out a timetable, etc... and stick to it and put your heas to it.
    zoom! wrote: »
    I'd say if you sacrificed your weekends you should be fine for the mocks.

As a Leaving Certer from last year, I'd definitely not encourage this, at least one day a week where you do not open a school book after school (mine used to be a Friday).

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Geard

I'm the same doing Honours Irish,Enginerring,Geography,Construction Studies, Pass, English,Maths, DCG.
    Didn't do a tap of studing all year, been concentrating on these projects. Any advice?? If I start doing a tiny bit of studing will I be ok??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Orlaladuck

Really get your head down into the irish, the other three I don't do so can't help you there but just revise the english - use spider diagrams, they're excellent help, learn off odd quotes and build up points around them, if you can get the movies of anything they're great for learning quotes but make sure you get a decent copy of the film. For instance, if you're doing King Lear try get your hands on the Ian McKellen version, it's quite good. Maths will need alot of attention because maths is Difficult unless you're good at it.

Just a little bit of study will help but take one day off a week, don't push yourself too hard - remember it's only the Mocks, not the real thing. 156 days to go yet!

Advertisement