Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How long did it take you to get home today?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,523 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

probably 15 mins on bike instead of 8-9 :D

In south dDublin which was worst hit yesterday.

Took the car today as have to go out after work and took same time as normal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭Scottie99

Left Churchtown just before 1400. Templeogue was a nightmare heading towards the M50. Other than that M50 and N3 were ok. Arrived in Navan 1645...........very fortunate and thankful:D Compared to others out there I got lucky:o

There are some people in National and Local Government who should be lined up against a wall and.....:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Heading inbound today on the N3, I met traffic a few hundred metres short of the Quinn building in Blanchardstown at about 4.15. Got onto M50 southbound at 9.30:eek:

More than 5 hours to cover not much more than 2kms.

I think we have a winner for slowest moving traffic! That's unreal.

We were told we could abandon ship at lunchtime yesterday.
    I left the office up by Ashtown at 1.15 and got home to Lucan by 1.55.
    The slowest part was crawling up the N3 to the Auburn Avenue roundabout but once I got on the M50 I booted down it and then crawled along the N4 before exiting at the Foxhunter.

The N4 was in very good condition at that stage yet there were several drivers crawling along at 15kmph on a perfectly good road.

Seriously, people like this should have their car keys taken off them.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

BendiBus wrote: »
    Just under an hour. Tram Connolly->Heuston followed by a 30 minute walk.

Seems everyone in town decided to leave early. So I got something to eat in the IFSC after work and travelled at around 7pm after the mayhem had subsided.

No problems.

Just a side note - trams were running into Connolly almost bumper to bumper from Abbey St to Connolly. I watched one tram arrive at the Busaras stop well before the preceeding one had fully left! Much less than a platform length between them. So presumably they were leaving Connolly at the same rate!

I was pretty much the same..15 minute walk to Abbey St, very frequent and surprisingly sparsely populated Luas at 8.45 pm..one every 5-10 minutes or so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

4 hours.

3 hours of that was going from Glasnevin to Lucan. Must have spent 2hrs on North Circular Rd/Infirmary Rd. It's a steep hill & I should have bloody thought of that before getting onto the NCR. Doh!

Then it was an hour from Lucan to where I live in Offaly. Roads were grand once past Leixlip on N4.

Hubby was 1/2 hour ahead of me so he got the fire & the dinner going :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

left work (rathmines) 3.45, no buses so had to walk to Abby Street to get luas, took over hour to walk in coz paths were so slippy (plus im whimp!) had to Q for ages, along with hundreds of others, got on luas, packed and squashed into one another, then 2 minuetes after pulling out of abby had to stop coz driver called guards to arrest someone in back carraige, eventually got moving again then had to stop coz luas cudnt go past heuston station coz cars on luas tracks, again got moving and same storey at bluebell, eventually got to red cow at almost 7 pm!
    not as bad as a lot of ppl i no but to 3 hours to do normally a 40 min journey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

North Wall Quay -> Cineworld, Parnell St = 3 hours

Yes Ice was a problem (particularly as I was driving a rear wheel drive vehicle) but the big problem was poor traffic management on Memorial Bridge. It seemed to be on the night time sequence that gives about 10 sec of green to westbound traffic from North Wall Quay.

Anybody else tired of DCC incompetence? If their salt is so rare why not spread what they have in strategic locations - bridges and junctions. They guy on Morning Ireland was breathtaking. I didn't think that so many excuses for not doing their job and managing the situation.

There was a mass exodus from the city yesterday evening. Surely there is a traffic plan that DCC and Gardai can implement that effectively "evacuates" the city centre and gives priority to outbound traffic.

I saw a DCC gritter for the first time last night driving up and down Ranelagh and it seemed to be spreading nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

Left work just off Pearce St at 3:25, got to Tallaght at 6:50. It took 2.5 hours to get from Merrion Square to Leonards corner, usually takes 5-10 minutes. It was incredible the chances people were taking, fighting for every inch of road space.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 683 ✭✭✭JazzyJ

14 minutes.

Windy Arbour/Dundrum to before Stepaside. (about 3.25 miles)

Watch and laughed at the panic in the office and outside as everyone started bailing at 2pm to sit in traffic. Waited till 6:45 then jumped in the car. Once past the Luas bridge in Dundrum plain sailing up from there with only a couple of cars in front of me at any stage along the way. Sandyford village was icy as it looked like it hadn't been gritted at that stage but kept a steady pace up the hill.

Quicker than an average day at that time! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

JazzyJ wrote: »
    14 minutes.

Windy Arbour/Dundrum to before Stepaside. (about 3.25 miles)

Watch and laughed at the panic in the office and outside as everyone started bailing at 2pm to sit in traffic. Waited till 6:45 then jumped in the car. Once past the Luas bridge in Dundrum plain sailing up from there with only a couple of cars in front of me at any stage along the way. Sandyford village was icy as it looked like it hadn't been gritted at that stage but kept a steady pace up the hill.

Quicker than an average day at that time! :pac:

I'd wondered if I'd have been better off waiting. I don't finish work til about 6.30 today so hopefully it won't be as bad as yesterday.
    However yesterday I was in at 7.30am & was due to leave at 3.30 anyway.

Is anyone being let out early today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

messrs wrote: »
    left work (rathmines) 3.45, no buses so had to walk to Abby Street to get luas, took over hour to walk in coz paths were so slippy (plus im whimp!) had to Q for ages, along with hundreds of others, got on luas, packed and squashed into one another, then 2 minuetes after pulling out of abby had to stop coz driver called guards to arrest someone in back carraige, eventually got moving again then had to stop coz luas cudnt go past heuston station coz cars on luas tracks, again got moving and same storey at bluebell, eventually got to red cow at almost 7 pm!
    not as bad as a lot of ppl i no but to 3 hours to do normally a 40 min journey

I got the red luas yesterday at about 16:40 maybe 16:50 by the time it got to abbey street and got it all the way to Tallaght and then was walking and well on my way to old bawn by 17:52 when I rang someone to go to the pub and lost track of time.

So I dont know how your luas took so long one track and all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭rameire

Only got home today at 1pm
    left work at 3pm yesterday.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

We were told to go home at 3pm today. I got a taxi into work this morning, cos it was too difficult to drive. I had orginally asked the taxi driver to come and pick me up at about 4, but when i heard we were closing at 3, I rang and asked if he could come earlier? The building's doors were shut at about 3.15pm, leaving me sitting outside in my wheelchair, freezing my ****ing arse off!!!!

A colleague, then walked with me up to the large roundabout in Ballyfermot. We kept in touch with the taxi company to see what progress(if any?)the driver was making. He eventually arrived in Ballyfermot at almost 5pm, and picked me up!!

If I get into work tomorrow morning, I am going straight to our Safety Officer, and Union rep to complain that I was left outside the front gate freezing my arse off in that weather, when I had no other way of getting home(the buses stopped at 3pm)!!!!!!!!

Took the very wise decision to sleep in until 1030am this morning!:D Was talking to the guy who stayed with me out in the snow yesterday, and he informed me that he has had words with our Safety Officer, and one of the Assistant Managers about what happened yesterday.

We'll see what happens......?

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,605 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I work in Parkwest, and live just off Ronanstown. Took me just over an hour, for a journey that generally takes no more than 5 minutes. A colleague of mine left work at 1:30 (city centre) got home to portlaoise at 9:50! 8 hours 20 minutes! He said he doesnt know how he didnt wet himself!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 796 ✭✭✭jrar

Left Clonee at 15:20, down the N3, over the M50 and down the N7 to Naas arriving home at 4 on the button without once exceeding a speed limit etc.

Roads were very clear and little or no traffic compared to usual volumes - did the reverse journey this morning in much the same time and didn't see as much as one vehicle experiencing difficulties on the entire journey even though it was minus 7 when I left Naas !

• Advertisement
Advertisement