Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a Cranial Osteopath for baby with colic

• 06-01-2010 10:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Hi Guys,
    Does anyone know the name of a cranial osteopath or anyone in this field that could help a baby with colic. In the Waterford area if possible.

Many Thanks;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭MaxCharlie

i don't know what a "cranial osteopath" is but here's my tupence...

I did baby massage to ease my baby's mild colic - worked a treat - i did classes with a girl called "rosey" - its all i remember, but she advertised in waterford papers, it was on a saturday morning for 4 weeks - really helped with the "poos" also.

Also did kinesiology with my baby - really worked - and the kinesiologies tested my daughter through touch on food intolerence - which helped me reduce colic - picking formula, food choice etc. I never gave my baby solids until she was one year.

Also did baby reflexology - again baby loved it - for me and baby -

I also bought a "tummy tub" which is basically a clear plastic bucket and sit baby into it and it replicates the position as baby was in womb, which again relaxex baby, and brings up wind, and farts.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭zeppe

I have some friends who swear by Dr. Philip Blackman on Parnell street. Going to take my daughter soon! He is geared toward dealing with children and infants. I've seen the results in a daughter of a friend of mine and I'm a believer.

13 Parnell Street
    051-855010
    osteopaths@eircom.net

He's lowered prices recently for children and I think he's hoping to deal with primarily with children and babies so I'd go to see him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

It sounds like you've explored every other avenue, but for others who have babies with colic, I'd recommend Dentinox Colic Drops (available in all chemists, Tesco, Superquinn etc).

Our first born would never get wind up, and we were at the end of our tether one bank holiday evening when we waited over an hour for wind. I drove to Tesco as no pharmacies were open and came across Dentinox. One drop in her bottle, and the bubbles started to fizzle away already. Gave her a drink, took the teat out and....BELCH!!! Never looked back.

Obviously breastfeeding is a different case altogether. Maybe gripe water? I've seen it in Ardkeen Stores a while back...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Bumbleroot

Thanks for the suggestions guys, i'll definately try that Dr. in Parnell St. DD is 18 weeks so I thought crying would be well gone by now, somehow I don't think it's trapped wind but she definately has some bother on her that is causing her to cry constantly. I have tried everything & I'm slowly going mad now from listening to it.
    She has been checked by Public Health Nurse & GP & they say nothing is wrong with her

• Registered Users Posts: 44 stephenc1979

This might be a long shot, but my wife swears that milupa causes colic and changing to SMA might help..... best of luck in sorting it out :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement