Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has Jools Holland gone downhill alot?

Options
  • 06-01-2010 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,543 ✭✭✭

Just got watching Jools again after being away for a year or so, but noticed his acts aren't as big as they were. After youtubing a show that muse were on about 18 months ago it had a line-up of muse,amy winehouse, john legend, duke special, racountures. Now while you mightn't have full respect for all these artists as a whole, its still quite a line-up to have in one show.

After watching the New Years Eve Hootananny, his line-up wasn't overly impressive compared to other years. Maybe he's had budget cuts? Hopefully he's not going down the pan as this is probably my favourite show on tv

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

Yeah he's usually got some great acts on, but the latest gig was a feckin joke

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭tatoo

I suppose it's a matter of taste , but I enjoyed J H as much this year as anyother , Paolo Nuttini , Dizzee Rascal and Shingi from the Noiesettes being highlights .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

Rodrigo ey gabriela was the only good act imo. Its a very stale format tbh, he doesn't branch out, its always an indie band, a world music group, a rap/soul/rnb group, a boogie woogie interlude and so on. With the exception of metallica I haven't seen one metal act on the show, if metal bands were to appear on the show that would be a case of branching out or the incorporation of other genres would do the trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭ADTR

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,452 ✭✭✭Rigsby

I only caught the last fifteen minutes of this year's show, and it was mediocre, but possibly the lake of talant is drying up. It's hard to keep up the standard of previous years. He can only use what is available.

• Advertisement
Advertisement