Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Animals escape from Dublin zoo???

Options
  • 06-01-2010 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭

I got a text from a friend saying the animals have escaped from Dublin zoo and the army are out in Phibsboro?

Could just be taking the piss? Anyone from there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

All of them or just some of them?

I'd be surprised if this was true.

But, hey stranger things have happened I guess!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Dont know. Text just said 'Im down in Phibsboro, army down here, was told animals escaped from the zoo?'

Still waiting on reply from my 'What?'

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Whippersnapper

Unlikely but yeah, this is Dublin after all. Wouldn't surprise me!

Talking about this on the Phoneshow on FM104 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

And?........

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Jet Black wrote: »
    I got a text from a friend saying the animals have escaped from Dublin zoo and the army are out in Phibsboro?

Thanks OP, just sprayed my wine all over the place laughing at that!! :D

Everyone knows the animals would head due east, bypassing Phibsboro by at least 2 miles.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Jenroche

Why would they head due east? Animal instinct?

Jen ;->

• Registered Users Posts: 22,317 ✭✭✭✭Esel

C'meah Adrian, me an' Steo seen a bleedin' tiger ten minutes ago on de canal bank! I legged it like, but Steo's crutch slipped on de ice when he was pickin' up his bag o' gargle.... Jaysus, I neerly shat meself! Wear are de cops when yew need dem, dat's wor I wanna know, Adrien, yanoworramean like?

Not your ornery onager

They haven't mentioned it since that guy called in earlier. Are there no forumites in Phibs then?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

From what I can remember reading, the last time an animal escaped from the zoo was when the lake froze over. The monkey walked across the ice. This was in the early sixties or maybe the late fifties.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

i've been to Phibsboro

Have they escaped?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Army could be there for some other maybe serious reason...?
    But just throwing out the ole "The animals have escaped!" line. >.>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭Darlughda

Hilarious. I'm goin to be laughing about the animals on the run from the zoo for days.:D

Best avoid Phibsboro.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Even if something did escape why would they call the Army..?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Maybe he is speaking a bit of slang

and by animals he means scumbags and by zoo he means jail?

Dub13 wrote: »

Army have guns to shoot a crazy animal heading towards a group of bystanders?
    Guards don't have guns.

They should be armed with those tranquilser thingys though and not kill any animals if there are any!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

Apparently a Giraffe and Penguin escaped !!

The Army is looking high and low for them!

/gets very heavy coat

• Registered Users Posts: 22,317 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Just back from a stalk in Phibsborough - anyone know a good taxidermist on the northside? I'm going to have to move me 42" from over the fireplace!

Not your ornery onager

Awww bless!

What an odd couple...they must be trying to elope as the other animals cannot accept their forbidden love!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭mdebets

A big ape escaped from Dublin Zoo. It first went to Phibsborough, but soon realised that it was the wrong place, so it went to Leinster House, kidnapped Mary Harney and is now sitting on top of Liberty Hall.
    Here is the latest picture from RTE.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭BOHSBOHS

hopefully they were towing the buses that were blocking up the berkeley road earlier!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭North_West_Art

apparently a couple of cougars escaped from the zoo, and were last seen in McGowans of Phibsboro chatting up a few army guys (north Americans more likely to get this joke)

apparently a couple of cougars escaped from the zoo, and were last seen in McGowans of Phibsboro chatting up a few army guys (north Americans more likely to get this joke)

And NZ folk :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Thats probably where she heard it. Dont know about Phibsboro? Unless they got a taxi down I dont think the buses were running.

In other more reliable news its feckin cold out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Did they escape last weekend as well?

I spotted some pretty rough animals drinking in Phibsboro too but thought little of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Dub13 wrote: »

Maybe an armourdillo escaped :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Maybe an armourdillo escaped :D

Grooaan!

I'll get your coat for you! ;)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

ToniTuddle wrote: »
    Army have guns to shoot a crazy animal heading towards a group of bystanders?
    Guards don't have guns.

They should be armed with those tranquilser thingys though and not kill any animals if there are any!

Loads of guards in Dublin have guns.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Jet Black wrote: »

Ah please....don't refer to the visitors from the Northside as 'animals'. They had to be let out at some time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Aussie Sean

pebbles21 wrote: »
    Apparently a Giraffe and Penguin escaped !!

The Army is looking high and low for them!

/gets very heavy coat

I heard a Monkey married a Giraffe! Apparently his friends put him up to it!!:D

Sean

Advertisement