Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who would you rather listen to on Weekend Breakfast?

• 06-01-2010 10:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭

So who would you, a "Boards" member, listen to on a Saturday and Sunday Morning?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

Sorry MODs.... could you delete this one... slip of the hand...:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭ninalucy1985

I dont know but that Joe Duffy guy is a pain in the arse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Love Declan Meehan on sunday morning Today fm, Saturday meh no one really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Saturday, no-one before midday unless I get desperate and put on Maid Marian.
    Sunday - Newstalk Karen Coleman then flick about between NT/RTE/Today FM from 11

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭bob50

on saturday mornings no one really not even marian finnuacane too boring

sunday mornings declan meehan an old pro then switch between today fm / newstalk from 11.30:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

bbability wrote: »
    Sorry MODs.... could you delete this one... slip of the hand...:o

I deleted the other one as this one had replies. I do believe there is only me now and the CMods as TBH steeped down due to a hectic workload

Personally I like the Business Show and Sam Smyths show. The rare occasion I listen on a Saturday I would probably just listen to the Very Last Word and leave it on Today FM after that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Sunday mornings = BBC Radio 2 'Alen Jones' followed by Steve Wright's love songs .............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Saturday mornings I'm usually listening to bbc radio 5's up at night repeats followed by a day of flicking between 5 live and talk sport radio

Sunday is much the same as mike65 Karen Coleman and then flick around

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Saturday morning is Adam and Joe, or playback on RTE. Sunday morning is newstalk

also getting fond of gardeners question time on R4, despite not having a green appendage on my body.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Getting old buddy! :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,522 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Good show. One of the presenters died recently, didn't he? Maybe he was retired, can't recall.

Wake up to R4 and then usually KCRW or KNAU on and off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Good show. One of the presenters died recently, didn't he? Maybe he was retired, can't recall.

Wake up to R4 and then usually KCRW or KNAU on and off.

Yeah - John Cushnie. He hadn't retired, was still a very central part of the panel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭IronMan

Adam and Joe on Saturday morning if I'm awake.

On Sunday, I switch between Karen Coleman, Marian, and Sam Smith. Without liking any of them in particular.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Adam and Joe, Chris Moyles (When he did Saturdays on BBC Radio 1 - Absolutely great, better then he is now), Hamish & Andy or KC & Lenny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 640 ✭✭✭real rocker

Saturdays 4FM - great rapport between Maura O'Neill and Sharon Lawless as they review the papers.RTE for Donal Broughan and news.

Sundays I move between BBC Radio 4,Dublin City FM Sunday Breakfast,4FM,and Gloria on Lyric.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Anything but Karen Coleman, she is possibly the worst current affairs presenter I have ever heard on the radio. Her questions are bad, she is overly aggressive and usually picks stupid points to get pushy over. I actually often find her soo bad I have to turn off. I do be stuck in the car on my own while my daughter goes horseriding , so I am somewhat of a captive audience for an hour or so of her Sunday show. I usually ditch her for 5 live, but the reception can be dodgy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Clooney Fan

I enjoy playback and Marian! I think though, that if Marian doesn't pack in the fags soon, she will have to retire altogether.

I enjoy playback and Marian! I think though, that if Marian doesn't pack in the fags soon, she will have to retire altogether.

Its scary listening to her, she must be a very very heavy smoker!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Camelot wrote: »
    Its scary listening to her, she must be a very very heavy smoker!

I love the show and think she's a good interviewer in spite of the fact of her terrible mannerisms... glotal stops, going falsetto for the least groundbreaking of statements/questions, continuous coughing. If she stopped those things, she would be VERY good.

What really annoys me about the show as well is the banging of teacups, opening of sugar sachets, tapping of the aforementioned sachets off the side of the cup.. very unprofessional.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Derryleigh

I like the new Countrywide programme on RTE 1. Some great reports. Its on after the 8am news. A bit early for some of you? I am an early riser!

• Advertisement

I love the show and think she's a good interviewer in spite of the fact of her terrible mannerisms... glotal stops, going falsetto for the least groundbreaking of statements/questions, continuous coughing. If she stopped those things, she would be VERY good.

Caught some of the show yesterday, and the 'falsetto' that you speak of was in full flow (preceded by smoky bass baritone) . . . the best bit was when she interviewed Charlie Bird on the line from Haiti, and she (Marion) nearly hit a high C as she greeted him! On another point, I had the misfortune to hear her interview with 'Wogan' on his departure from thirty years of BBC Radio 2, I don't know what he did to her, but she was short, questioning, and rather curt with him, which I thought a tad disappointing > after thirty years ......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭bob50

Yeah i heard the interview she done with terry wogan

She was very short & curt with him Strange

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭dixierip

I enjoy Marian. Say what you like about her she disarms subjects into opening up and can get the best out of an interview.

Advertisement