Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

another licence question

Options
  • 06-01-2010 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭

Are you required to put in written permissions if im renewing a licence or are they only required for new gun applications, getting mixed answers from people. does anyone have the right answer:D

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

If you have them, give them in. Why run the risk of having the application returned (or worse case scenario refused) because information is missing.

Leave nothing to chance.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭No6

It appears that it vary's from district to district, put them in if you have them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

I didn't have to. I could have got them, but would have had to be asked to send them in as I don't agree with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭ronn

im thinking the same as you johng i dont wont to bother farmers for permissions. this is something i done twice for a rifle and shotgun. reckon ill just leave it blank and take it from there.
    thanks lads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭CZ.

i think you need permissions if you are not the in some sort of club [game or target ] or if your not a farmer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Tricky1127

I got a phone call to bring in letters saying what land and what i could shoot on them + a photo copy from a map showing the townlands + fields (all that paper what a waste of a tree) Hope this helps because i`ve friends who left it out and got there licence :confused:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Not only does it vary from district to district but it would seem to vary from application to application. I know lads in my area that submitted land permissions and others that did not. Some got their licenses no problems while others were asked for the permissions.

Thats why i suggested supplying the permissions if you have them. You might get away without them then again you may not, but if you supply them your application will not be held up. Its not the secret service lads. Most Gardai have an idea who shoots what land. So why not just give them it.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Advertisement